Site Email Notification Problem

Mr Darn

I'm having an annoying problem:

even though i have these settings in place:

bedlingtonProblem.jpg

i am still automatically subscribed to every thread i reply to, meaning i have to clear my watch lists to stop the email arriving each time i reply to a topic.

is there something else (other than cancelling the redirect from the email account, or sending to junk) that i should be doing to stop the board notifying me of every reply ?

well, i use the quick reply box, and it does it every time for me.

Seems daft to have a general setting set to no email replies, then a post specific one set to send them! :blink:

i personally think the general setting should be for email replies (for newbies to get emails and for us to disable) and then the post specific one set to no replies unless ticked. if you know what i mean.

either that or i can stop being lazy using the quick reply box B):P

well, i use the quick reply box, and it does it every time for me.

Seems daft to have a general setting set to no email replies, then a post specific one set to send them! :blink:

i personally think the general setting should be for email replies (for newbies to get emails and for us to disable) and then the post specific one set to no replies unless ticked. if you know what i mean.

either that or i can stop being lazy using the quick reply box B):P

the thing is you haven't got it set! like i said tick the box to set it! :blink:

the thing is you haven't got it set! like i said tick the box to set it! :blink:

Ticking the global box will watch every topic which is not what he wants. He has that unchecked as it should be but he hasn't been unchecking the box on individual posts. I think the suggestion of setting the global box to on by default with maybe daily digests as the default notification setting would be a good compromise.

That way newbies won't get their inboxes flooded but they will still get notified and the more experienced users will know they can change this to what they like in any case.

Ticking the global box will watch every topic which is not what he wants. He has that unchecked as it should be but he hasn't been unchecking the box on individual posts. I think the suggestion of setting the global box to on by default with maybe daily digests as the default notification setting would be a good compromise.

That way newbies won't get their inboxes flooded but they will still get notified and the more experienced users will know they can change this to what they like in any case.

wey av got it checked and i only get notified if some replies not every time i post! must be darns pc must be messed up! ;) (could be that c cleaner!) :lol: or some other freeware you have installed! :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now