Bedlington Estate Agents

I have my place for sale up with all the estate agents in Bedlington and was wondering what other peoples view of them were.

Yes I have had my place up for nearly 18 months now but the communcations from the estate agents are less than adequate.

I have heard nothing for over a month now from Mike Rogerson and Rook Matthews Sayer....I have heard from Moon's as I contacted them following a viewing with still no feeback from it. Pattisons send out a monthly print in the post as to how many people they have issued the details to.

Come on Estate Agents get you act together, most people would be happy with a call or letter (like from Pattisons) to say something even if there has been nothing happening. It is in your best interest to keep us happy, after all you will get paid if you sell the place.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rook Matthews are the best by far. Put ours up originally with Mike Rogerson at Blyth but they were useless, Rook Mattews were way better.

The problem with going with Moons, is that they are too small and wont get you the people through the door to view yours.

RMS always promised at least one phone call per month with feedback and were 100% professional.

• 3 months later...

Not a Bedlington Estate Agent, but the funniest thing I've seen for years!

http://secretestateagent.blogspot.com/

BTW interesting that not a single Bedlington Estate Agent has had the guts to post an "I'm not like that - our firm gives real service" message. And yes, they have read this thread; at least the less dozy ones! Keep your head down seems to be the best policy then?

Or maybe not? When the entire show is replaced by sellers and buyers doing their own thing on the Internet for pennies rather than paying thousands of pounds of unearned commissions, you'll not need to ask the question why. They'll have put themselves out of business!

Not a Bedlington Estate Agent, but the funniest thing I've seen for years!

http://secretestateagent.blogspot.com/

BTW interesting that not a single Bedlington Estate Agent has had the guts to post an "I'm not like that - our firm gives real service" message. And yes, they have read this thread; at least the less dozy ones! Keep your head down seems to be the best policy then?

Or maybe not? When the entire show is replaced by sellers and buyers doing their own thing on the Internet for pennies rather than paying thousands of pounds of unearned commissions, you'll not need to ask the question why. They'll have put themselves out of business!

Certainly would not entertain AS MOON, my friend rented a property thru them last year, the attitude of the staff in the office was disgusting.. They don't know what they are talking about. I went in and quoted Housing Law, which they had to go out and read up on to know if what I was saying was correct, my friend soon got a letter of apology from them as they were in the wrong.

We bought and sold with Rook Matthews Sayer with very little problem when we bought our house 4 years ago.. Our last house (in Newcastle) was up for sale with Keith Pattinson in Newcastle, they kept sending us loads of print outs as to who had been sent the details but I think it was all just made up. Our house had just been totally renovated, needed nothing done to it and was on the market below market Value as we needed a quick sale for us to move back to Bedlington.. We did not have 1 viewer in 6 months with them. We put the house on the market with Rook Matthews we had 7 viewers in 2 days and the house sold for £15,000 more than asking price as 3 people wanted it they all put higher bid in......

Noticed lots of houses gone up with Mike Rogerson lately but never had any experience with them.

Good Luck

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

All I am happy to report that after two years on the market I finally sold my flat and moved into my new house on the 1st of April (didn't want to jinx it by posting this earlier). I sold through Mike Rogerson and bought through Rook Matthews. Still little niggles here and there, but I plan on never moving again. Fingers crossed for all of you out there stuck in places you can not sell.

• Like 1

Congrats on the move, must say i thought moving was the most stressful thing to do until i decided i would get a mortgage and buy!!! goodness me .. stressed is not the word, hopefully it will all be worth it when i can shut my brand new front door and say this is mine :)

• 1 year later...

I've now been in my property 18 months and noticed in the newspost a couple of weeks ago that my little flat that i moved out of is now back on the market. Although i doubt they will get many takers as they have it on the market with AS Moons. However Moons still have my details and photo's in the window!!!! They have been told on numerous occasions that I had sold, yet the details are still there.

Good Luck to anyone who puts their property up with Moons.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now