Bedlingtons Favourite Browser

SuperMan

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is what the stats say...

Internet Explorer

62.73%

Firefox

30.10%

Safari

3.95%

Chrome

2.51%

Opera

0.35%

Mozilla

0.22%

Mozilla Compatible Agent

0.11%

Playstation 3

0.03%

I'd be interested to see how the Playstation 3 users are getting on :)

What no Seamonkey! :)

Like Mr D#2 I use several depending on machine and O/S that's booted. Been using IE8 a lot recently due to testing a couple of machines with suspect WiFi hardware, and it's def an improvement over IE7. Best thing about fry-a-fox is the host of third-party addins.

Thank God for the choice though; else M$ would be charging £100 a throw for an unbundled IE3 - and getting it!

Would make my job a lot easier though smile.gif

I didn't notice it any easier to produce web pages when first Netscrape, then M$, had a near monopoly.

I didn't notice it any easier to produce web pages when first Netscrape, then M$, had a near monopoly.

It was yeah, at least then you only had 2 browsers to deal with. Now there are several different rendering engines all with their own little quirks to design around. You are partially right in that now at least they all claim to be following the standard HTML specs (Including Microsoft with version 8). Unfortunately, the spec is often interpreted differently by different manufacturers.

Users also don't pick the browser based on how standards compliant it is, the majority "pick" the one that happens to be installed on their computer.

It was yeah, at least then you only had 2 browsers to deal with. Now there are several different rendering engines all with their own little quirks to design around. You are partially right in that now at least they all claim to be following the standard HTML specs (Including Microsoft with version 8). Unfortunately, the spec is often interpreted differently by different manufacturers.

Users also don't pick the browser based on how standards compliant it is, the majority "pick" the one that happens to be installed on their computer.

to true! :D

and the ones installed is either ie or safari! and they both display differently!

• 2 months later...

I use Firefox but a few weeks ago it was driving me mad. It got to the point where I would open the browser and within a couple of minutes my whole computer would freeze and I'd have to restart the whole thing.

Now I'm using a newer version and so far so good.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now