Town Promotional Video

Andy Millne

If any of you were wondering what I was doing sat at the side of the road this afternoon, I was getting some intro test shots for a promotional video for the town.

It was very windy and I only took my lightweight tripod so the camera took a bit of a bashing and no colour correction has been applied. The footage is not as good as the final results will be I just wanted to get something up quickly to inspire people in order to gather some feedback and suggestions.

What I was thinking was a day in the life of bedlington, showcasing some of the local businesses, candid and impromptu encounters in the street, whatever the market place events may be at the end of the month, the night time social scene and some local imagery.

I think time lapse will play a big part due to the extended timeframe of events and it will allow people to see the town how they wouldn't normally see it.

Bedlington singer/song writer Jason Vare AKA Shagpile has also very kindly agreed to provide the backing track. You can listen to some of his music at http://shagpile.org/

http://www.vimeo.com/6799846

nice timelapse would be good a night! :D

Yeah you can't beat a good set of trailing tail lights.

Incidentally, if anybody has any video footage of the town themselves, get in touch. It'll be far more interesting if it's community led and not just a couple of people's perspective.

If any of you were wondering what I was doing sat at the side of the road this afternoon,

That was you??? It all makes sense now! We were deciding whether to moon you from the window of the 'Tavern but much more interest was provided by the antics of a geezer in a white Mondeo who'd been clamped outside the old garage!

Great idea, but what about focusing on the historical sites in the town? Morpeth takes great pride in its history while Bedlington seems all too willing to forget its own. Good luck, and look forward to the results.

Congratulations FourGee, this sounds like an excellent project, are you planning on puting the finished product on the net or will you be dangling it in front of Tyne Tees TV for a screening?

It'll definately be on the net but I think we should push it to as many outlets as possible.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now