The New Market Place - **Vote Now!**

Andy Millne

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, from what I heard yesterday the news is that part of the new fangled market place is to be turned into an ice rink, as they do in a couple of places in newcastle, for a limited time before Xmas. get your skates out!

I must say, i`m pretty impressed with the xmas tree, it`ll look a lot better when the lights and decorations get put on though.

The workmen seem to have been busy too, you can finally get an idea of what it`s going to look like :D

• Like 1

heres the answer:

monsta

The metal plates are to prevent skateboarders/ bmx users using the copes for girding and such like, therefore protecting thestone. Others areas of cope will have railings.

If you have any further queries pleaseemail or call.

Regards

Richard

Richard Schofield

SeniorProject Officer

Regeneration Service(South East Area Team)

Northumberland CountyCouncil

46-47 The Square

Guide Post

Choppington

Northumberland

NE62 5BY

Telephone: 01670 843453

Fax: 01670 824814

Email: Richard.Schofield@northumberland.gov.uk

Web Site: www.northumberland.gov.uk

This argument does not stand up! So the skateboarders are going to use the wall 3ft off the ground and not the wall 3 inches off the ground. If you look these plates are directly outside Tesco but are not too the right as you come out of Tesco, true to form theres been some serious thinking gone into this...not, and then some blase' excuse to go with it! Have a look, then have a think, well now wtf's going on here!

This argument does not stand up! So the skateboarders are going to use the wall 3ft off the ground and not the wall 3 inches off the ground. If you look these plates are directly outside Tesco but are not too the right as you come out of Tesco, true to form theres been some serious thinking gone into this...not, and then some blase' excuse to go with it! Have a look, then have a think, well now wtf's going on here!

it says the areas without plates at the moment are to have railings attached it will all become clear at completion. :D

Edited by Monsta®

Would be nice to have some shops at the Market Place.

Went to morpeth yesterday to get a couple of presents for a christening and a birthday and a few other things i managed to get exactly what i wanted, also checked out the new shopping arcade but it was so busy i couldn't get a proper look.

Would have liked to have spent my money in Bedlington!

• Like 2

Would be nice to have some shops at the Market Place.

Went to morpeth yesterday to get a couple of presents for a christening and a birthday and a few other things i managed to get exactly what i wanted, also checked out the new shopping arcade but it was so busy i couldn't get a proper look.

Would have liked to have spent my money in Bedlington!

But you are going to have shops in the market place there's Tesco and then there's Tesco and then there's err err Tesco! What more do you want :D You didn't really think we would get anything else did you! Northumberland council, Wansbeck council or Betty Boo council everything goes to Ashington and Newbiggin :angry: :angry:

But you are going to have shops in the market place there's Tesco and then there's Tesco and then there's err err Tesco! What more do you want :D You didn't really think we would get anything else did you! Northumberland council, Wansbeck council or Betty Boo council everything goes to Ashington and Newbiggin :angry: :angry:

Why do the new centers get built out side of Bedlington. do you think its the layout of front street i think they would do well (council) to reclaim some flat land and and zone it for a shopping center I'm not sure where that would be !!!

Why do the new centers get built out side of Bedlington. do you think its the layout of front street i think they would do well (council) to reclaim some flat land and and zone it for a shopping center I'm not sure where that would be !!!

The gap site and the law courts would have been the obvious choice.

The gap site and the law courts would have been the obvious choice.

If only we ever had some people with a bit of vision! From 'Presto's' carpark right up to the dual carriagway on Glebe Road should have been kept for commercial development with associated parking either below ground or even on top of a long shopping centre! Had that been done 25 years ago Bedlington would have guarenteed itself as a shopping destination and everywhere else would still be trying to keep up. As it is it looks to me to be the last roll of the dice for Front Street as a viable retail centre.

As it is it looks to me to be the last roll of the dice for Front Street as a viable retail centre.

It rather does look that way doesn't it. The current generation of shoppers are attracted to big high street names and tempting them in to Bedlington would be very difficult at the minute. I still think the spirit of enterprise in the town is very strong though and the amount of people running small businesses from home is staggering. Now if only we could have a central location for them to all get together and promote to a wider audience we might still be able to keep some of that hard earned in the local economy... oh wait hang on! ;)

who in there right mind would go to bedlington to go clothes shopping or buy a new electrical item? no one because its a stinky hole in the middle of some larger stink holes like ashington, blyth and morpeth not to mention newcastle is but a stones throw away. get real if people were to invest in a shopping centre in bedlington :lol: they would need to be drugged before they signed the check! :lol:

Edited by Monsta®

who in there right mind would go to bedlington to go clothes shopping or buy a new electrical item? no one because its a stinky hole in the middle of some larger stink holes like ashington, blyth and morpeth not to mention newcastle is but a stones throw away. get real if people were to invest in a shopping centre in bedlington :lol: they would need to be drugged before they signed the check! :lol:

Yes but it's our stink hole. :)

At least the other stink holes you mention do have shops where you can buy clothes and electrical items, at the minute you cannot even buy a pair of knickers or underpants in Bedlington.

If a couple of high street names were to come to here it might encourage more independant traders to invest in Bedlington, and although i do use Tesco it may as well close and go elsewhere unless they can expand and start selling more variety of products like the one they have at Kingston Park which i and a lot more people thought they were going to do. :(

and although i do use Tesco it may as well close and go elsewhere unless they can expand and start selling more variety of products like the one they have at Kingston Park which i and a lot more people thought they were going to do. :(

Contracts have been exchanged (not signed) on the gap site so I guess the work is still on. Sooner they get the fancy that facade cleaned up the better as well.

Yes but it's our stink hole. :)

At least the other stink holes you mention do have shops where you can buy clothes and electrical items, at the minute you cannot even buy a pair of knickers or underpants in Bedlington.

If a couple of high street names were to come to here it might encourage more independant traders to invest in Bedlington, and although i do use Tesco it may as well close and go elsewhere unless they can expand and start selling more variety of products like the one they have at Kingston Park which i and a lot more people thought they were going to do. :(

one problem there not enough foot fall to attract big companies!

• Like 1

Apparantly the community centre is being sold off by NCC. I think it could be better run by a private company but I can't imagine any private owner that takes it on using it for that purpose.

Apparantly the community centre is being sold off by NCC. I think it could be better run by a private company but I can't imagine any private owner that takes it on using it for that purpose.

thats got grannie home written all over it! :(

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now