The New Market Place - **Vote Now!**

Andy Millne

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely live music of some sort or maybe a farmers market or a themed market of some sort. Street theatre -no living statues though!!

Edited by alison
  • Like 1

Is it too much to ask for. quite simply, a market in the market place? I have heard, however, that stallholders are not going to take up slots in the new market places as they are not permitted to take vehicles onto it.

Is it too much to ask for. quite simply, a market in the market place? I have heard, however, that stallholders are not going to take up slots in the new market places as they are not permitted to take vehicles onto it.

that doesn't stop the ones at mopeth! there will be a loading bay for them to use whats there problem? :blink:

GGGG,

Might be worth doing a poll to elicit something we can all get behind for the new Market Place? Maybe even sending it to every contact in the membership list? With enough backing it should have enough critical mass to be presented to at least the new Town Council for consideration.

Great idea. It's about time we put together another "Monthly" newsletter.

that doesn't stop the ones at mopeth! there will be a loading bay for them to use whats there problem? :blink:

What ones at Morpeth? Last time I looked there were three or four. I don't know what the problem is, just what i've been told. Interesting about the loading bay - where would that be?

What ones at Morpeth? Last time I looked there were three or four. I don't know what the problem is, just what i've been told. Interesting about the loading bay - where would that be?

according to the plans! (look at the plan on "revamp for bedlington market place") its right out side the tavern! :D so they wont have far to walk with there tip rubbish! :lol:

according to the plans! (look at the plan on "revamp for bedlington market place") its right out side the tavern! :D so they wont have far to walk with there tip rubbish! :lol:

Right, so how many stallholders will be able to park there at one time and unload/load their stalls and gear, I wonder? One, two, ten? Sounds like a recipe for a big traffic jam to me.I shall have a look later when i'm down that way.

Can't imagine it causing much traffic if the majority of stall holders set up at 7am?

If the area does end up not being big enough for everyone, then hopefully it'll be a case of quality over quantity (although it's hard to see who exactly will provide the 'quality').

There is talk about maybe a mobile ice rink for a time.......

Good idea.....yes/no?

I think that will be a popular suggestion, although if it's anything like the first incarnation of the previous market place regeneration we may get that from mother nature for free.

live music would be great. ive managed to do a couple of live gigs solo in the marketplace in morpeth on an afternooon acoustically with a pa provided by the promoters and its great to play for a couple of hours while people come and go and sit around with there chips n stuff!! Totally different gig to plaing in a rowdy bar .. lol :)

• Like 1

Can't imagine it causing much traffic if the majority of stall holders set up at 7am?

That's if they can all park at once!!

If the area does end up not being big enough for everyone, then hopefully it'll be a case of quality over quantity (although it's hard to see who exactly will provide the 'quality').

This I agree with, but when was the last time you visited a market that had any quality?

Not for nothing, but this teenage rollerblader isn't exactly filled with enthusiasm at any of these options. Buskers? Street Theatre? Craft Fairs? F that S!

Taking into account all the boodyhoodying on the other thread about parking charges, why not simply convert the market place into more parking spaces, eh?

There's some joined-up thinking for you, right there.

J-U T!

• Like 1

Not for nothing, but this teenage rollerblader isn't exactly filled with enthusiasm at any of these options. Buskers? Street Theatre? Craft Fairs? F that S!

Taking into account all the boodyhoodying on the other thread about parking charges, why not simply convert the market place into more parking spaces, eh?

There's some joined-up thinking for you, right there.

J-U T!

sorry this culture isn't up to the hoody clan pack standards! maybe they could install a ring and egg on knife fights and incurage underage drinking! bedlington is ofcourse a market town! not LA or new york!

:blink:

so just suck in your dummy!

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now