The New Market Place - **Vote Now!**

Andy Millne

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've got a vision! Get rid of the Social Club and The Sun and develop the land from the old school up to the community centre. We've got too many pubs as it is and Elliotts isn't exactly helping the image of the town at the moment.

If ever there was a case for some compulsory purchase orders....

OK it's all sorted. No expensive public enquiries no obscene amounts spent on consultancy I've done all the hard work.

Here it is Bedlington's new town centre...

post-1-12590073540772_thumb.jpg

The social club can move into the community centre.

And while we're at it council offices might as well go as well ;)

While we're on about demolition get rid of the dole offices as well,load of power hungry hitlers in there,about time they were out of a job and tasted their own medicine,self officiating snobby,look down thy nose,its my money,you're dole scum B******S.

And that's from someone who is employed!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't imagine it causing much traffic if the majority of stall holders set up at 7am?

If the area does end up not being big enough for everyone, then hopefully it'll be a case of quality over quantity (although it's hard to see who exactly will provide the 'quality').

• 1 month later...

There is talk about maybe a mobile ice rink for a time.......

Good idea.....yes/no?

the place you have to start is getting the people who live in the town to want to come in to it

and surely the only way to do that is to get rid of the 'inbreds' and the village mentality that surrounds the town . have a walk down the main street day time or night time and what do you see

what sort of people are walking around the streets

make it safe and comfortable then it will change

• Like 1

So, you must class yourself as 'these sort of people' as you are also walking down the front street! You must also class me as 'this sort' as well as I am often down the front street,there again everyone in Bedlington must be 'these sort of people' because there are very few visitors. So basically you think we are all 'this sort of people'! We're all inbreeds eh! that also must be self inclusive. Sorry but it is people with your sort of mentality that runs this town down, and I hope that not everyone in bedlington has your attitude, because if it is then we are doomed I say DOOMED!

• Like 1

the place you have to start is getting the people who live in the town to want to come in to it

and surely the only way to do that is to get rid of the 'inbreds' and the village mentality that surrounds the town . have a walk down the main street day time or night time and what do you see

what sort of people are walking around the streets

make it safe and comfortable then it will change

I can see what you are saying Hermit but I don't agree with the adjectives you use. Once a locality becomes disengaged with the community, or visa versa, it begins a downward spiral ultimately leading to neglect and dereliction where no one cares about what happens there. That is what we have to come together and fight as a community! There are so many facets to consider though, sociological ones, educational ones, aspirational ones, commercial ones etc etc etc someone could write their doctorate thesis on this stuff, maybe someone should. There are a lot of posters on this site who at first glace look to be negative, having a go at councils etc, but I believe they do so from a position of concern, in much the same way your posting has been done. I think we should harness that 'Bedlingtonism' and use it as one of the principles in the battle to reinvigorate the town.

• Like 1

yep the village mentality strikes again

I have and do walk down the main street and you know exactly who I'm talking about

the ones that drop greggs bags on the ground when finished with

the one's who spit all over the place etc etc

strangely enough they have greggs in morpeth but the people who buy from them seem to have the ability to eat the food and not drop litter on the street

Not really, NCC put on the pre-Xmas stuff there but was never going to keep it up. The town council was talking about maybe putting stuff on there as is the Bedlington Partnership so you never know......

Yes, by next week the town council should be in a position to say how much it has in its budget to spend on events.

I have and do walk down the main street and you know exactly who I'm talking about

strangely enough they have greggs in morpeth but the people who buy from them seem to have the ability to eat the food and not drop litter on the street

The people you refer to are a small minority of the Bedlington population.

It was your 'generalisation' of the people of Bedlington, that I was getting at! I admit there are those who couldn't give a jot about this town, but me,and a lot of other people do!

You mention Greggs and people dropping litter and compare it with Morpeth! Does Morpeth have a courthouse next to its front street? When the good people come out of the courthouse, after being told 'that's naughty don't do it again' after mugging some old pensioner,they probably head straight to Greggs for some scran, and as its not their town well are they bothered about a few bags? Also does Morpeth look as derelict and run down as Bedlington? No! So we need to do something about it and the sooner the better!

As for my village mentality, better to be mental than the village idiot! :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now