The Tin Mission

jorga

...anyone from Doctor Terrace out there?

Not from Doctor Terrace, but you couldn't miss it looking out of the window!

Was Doctor Tce or the Shiney Row the one nearest the Front Street, it escapes me just at the moment?

There was also North Terrace, and some others just to the North East (but running North/South) which would have been demolished around the time Shiney, Doctor, etc. were renovated. That would have been the '50s or very early 60's, as I can just about remember riding around them on my bicycle with the other kids.

Would the "Tin Mission" be what elders refered to as The Tin Tabernacle (sp?)? I can't really remember it but there was a space beside Watson's the newsagents (other) shop where something must have been. Indeed there were lots of spaces on the East side of the Glebe Road by the mid/late 1950s.

Not from Doctor Terrace, but you couldn't miss it looking out of the window!

Was Doctor Tce or the Shiney Row the one nearest the Front Street, it escapes me just at the moment?

There was also North Terrace, and some others just to the North East (but running North/South) which would have been demolished around the time Shiney, Doctor, etc. were renovated. That would have been the '50s or very early 60's, as I can just about remember riding around them on my bicycle with the other kids.

Would the "Tin Mission" be what elders refered to as The Tin Tabernacle (sp?)? I can't really remember it but there was a space beside Watson's the newsagents (other) shop where something must have been. Indeed there were lots of spaces on the East side of the Glebe Road by the mid/late 1950s.

...watsons newsagents was on the opposite side of the road

So would it have been on the empty bit of ground below the PoW cinema? i.e.to the North of same. There wasn't too many gaps on the West side of the Glebe Road, and almost all of what was there is still there. At least it was when I last took note. :unsure:

So would it have been on the empty bit of ground below the PoW cinema? i.e.to the North of same. There wasn't too many gaps on the West side of the Glebe Road, and almost all of what was there is still there. At least it was when I last took note. :unsure:

yes that`s where it was, you`ve just reminded me about the cinema I had forgotten what it was called I once tried to get a paper poster of Tony Curtis off the outside wall

• 2 weeks later...
yes that`s where it was, you`ve just reminded me about the cinema I had forgotten what it was called I once tried to get a paper poster of Tony Curtis off the outside wall

I assume this was before he changed into a handbag-waving mincer?