Hide Adverts
Andy Millne

Free @bedlington.co.uk Email Addresses

if you have to pay a £5 note why did you say they were free? false advertising or what :lol:

• Like 1

what

As per usual you didn't read it properly. Free to qualifying members.

Course you'll be demonstrating a personal community effort to help the town, so will have nowt to moan about.

• Like 1

Things are moving on nicely with the email features. Should have something up by the new year (fingers crossed).

will you be able to see what mail people get as you'll be the root admin? :blink::lol:

will you be able to see what mail people get as you'll be the root admin? :blink::lol:

It's technically possible yes, but this is no different to any other email provider. It's a good point though I'll see if I can work in some one way encryption based on users passwords so I can't.

Don't Read past here if you get easily bored by technical info

Just so you know there is currently no way for admins here to read users passwords which is why when people forget we can't just tell them what it is. They need to revalidate by requesting a new generated one that is sent to their email address.

The password encryption works by taking the password and putting it through some non reversible wizardry that results in a seemingly random phrase.

so...

"mysecretpassword" gets turned into "dsfjsd7fsdbf8r7g545b456bhjv5t45c64bsdklmasx9"

this only works one way so what we store on the server is the gobbledeygook version

when you come to login and type your password in then we put what you entered through the wizardry and compare the result to what's on the server, if they match you're logged in, the password you enter is never stored.

So when people ask what's my password the only thing we can give them is "dsfjsd7fsdbf8r7g545b456bhjv5t45c64bsdklmasx9" which wouldn't work.

So long story short. I can try and do the same thing with email contents. :)

"mysecretpassword" gets turned into "dsfjsd7fsdbf8r7g545b456bhjv5t45c64bsdklmasx9"

how did you guess me password! :lol:

Very soon this one I promise.

would that be md5 encryption?

would that be md5 encryption?

Somebody's been doing his homework :) We may or may not use md5, if I told you that I'd have to kill you. MD5 would create something along those lines yes but a more secure method would be to use SHA1 and provide a salt.

Somebody's been doing his homework :) We may or may not use md5, if I told you that I'd have to kill you. MD5 would create something along those lines yes but a more secure method would be to use SHA1 and provide a salt.

just thought i'd mention how unsecure md5 was!

Hmm!

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

• Bedlington darts ace Chris Dobey reached his first ever European Tour final on Sunday to all but secure his place in next month's World Matchplay.
      Dobey was beaten 8-3 by Dave Chisnall in the final of the Danish Darts Open at Copenhagen's Brondby Hallen but enjoyed a superb run over the three-day competition.
      The 29-year-old saw off Steve West, Ricky Evans, former World Championship finalist Kirk Shepherd, and Jose de Sousa before beating two-time major champion Gerwyn Price in the semi-finals to reach his first big-stage final.
      'Hollywood' ran out of steam in the final, though, and despite taking a 2-0 lead, he won just one of the next nine legs as Chisnall secured his first European Tour title since 2013.
      Dobey's run over the weekend now means he is all but assured of a World Matchplay debut next month, following on from his debut in the Premier League earlier this year.
      The World Matchplay is widely considered the second most prestigious major in the darts calendar after the World Championships and after narrowly missing out on qualification for each of the last two years Dobey is delighted he has secured a long overdue debut in the competion.

• Latest Topics