Police Activity 31/10/05

Does anyone have any info as to why the police were swarming over Bedlington this morning (31/10/05) at approx 1am ? Apparently the incident was centered on the old Frontier restaurant (to be confirmed), from memory there was 8 police cars and two vans.

--

Andy

Does anyone have any info as to why the police were swarming over Bedlington this morning (31/10/05) at approx 1am ? Apparently the incident was centered on the old Frontier restaurant (to be confirmed), from memory there was 8 police cars and two vans.

--

Andy

The Masons really have to stop these midnight meetings! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This is true all over the North East...

Last Friday (the 11th of Nov) we were attending the Sunderland Lord Mayor's Charity Ball - lots of police in the foyer of Crowtree Leasure Centre were the event was being held.

Yesterday (Sunday the 13 of Nov); we went to my Father's in Ashington for Sunday lunch. After a couple of hours the police knocked at my Dad's door wanting to know who owned the car parked outside (which happened to by my wife's new set of wheels)... Strange....

Then when I left home this morning (Monday the 14th of Nov), police were parked at the end of our lane. Which is also strange as there are only two properties on the lane; us and the local farm.

Other instances in recent months has prompted me to think "there is a lot of police around today"....

Are there any members of the local constabulary on this board who could enlighten us?

Maybe it had something to do with all of the drugs raids that are going on the in the region at the minute if I remember correctly there was a flat raided in Bedlington with quite a large amount of cannabis seized.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest missvic

friday night approx 8.30, 2 of our finest officers were seen under the cover of the trees at the edge of prestos car-park examining what appeared to be(from my posistion in a moving vehicle over 20yds away) a bag of "substances" belonging, perhaps to the 2 burberry-clad young'uns who appeared to "be on a mish", all very exciting, but unsettling to imagine that such things go on in such a wonderful town as ours...