Synergy Fm

Dear All,

Ofcom has not granted the application by South Northumberland Radio Group for a full time community radio licence for Synergy to broadcast on FM to people in south east Northumberland.

After six years of hard work by the Group to establish a genuinely accessible community radio station and two well received 28-day FM broadcasts, the decision of Ofcom is a great disappointment not only to our members and volunteers but also to the many individuals and organisations in the area that have supported our efforts since 2008.

We believe that the broadcasting service we provided did much to ease social isolation and meet the information needs of the communities and public at large in south east Northumberland.

We would like to place on record our grateful thanks to everyone who supported our proposals.

We wish Koast well in its endeavours in fulfilling its obligations to provide the type of community radio service the area deserves as the result of the award of a full time licence, and high standards of broadcasting which our listeners have come to expect.

The Group will meet in the very near future to consider its future.

Sorry to hear that, I was wishing SNRG would get the licence Ofcom must not have been listening to the great 28-day FM broadcasts that were put out.

You`re right.

It seems Ofcom don`t listen Adam. Or they declined to say they did, when we asked them!

Many thanks for your support over the years.

Good luck with WBTC stuff.

It would be good to get it over the web ... I can't get it on my cat's whisker set.

Symptoms/Ex Bed.

It`s always been Synergy policy that we would not ask our presenters to put together quality programmes on the off chance of being listened to by a small number on the net.

Nice thought though both. Thank you.

I hope we gave you something you liked to listen to on the 2 FM RSLs

Who knows Symp. that guy in the red suit might bring you a solid state trannie this year! 

Edited by John W. SNRG

"SYNERGY made many friends, attracted a host of talented volunteers and provided a much needed service to the community.

This was achieved with absolute honesty, integrity and a genuine desire on the part of all concerned, to be of service to the community.

The comments and letters of commendation are testament to the success of SYNERGY and for this we feel proud to have played a part".

John W, Colin, Neal, John T, Brian, Margaret & all of the Synergy Team.

Merry Christmas & A Very Happy New Year.

post-23-0-82927600-1387786135_thumb.png

This thread is now locked by request of Synergy.