Synergy Fm

I missed last night but the young people with the business plan for making Northumberland Rock sounded really organised.

Bedlington's new entrepreneurs.

I liked the idea that in marketing their product they are too young to drive.

I will be heading to the Chantry to buy.

Customised Bedlington Morpeth, Blyth, Ashington and Newbiggin Rock. All with a relevant picture.

Such a brilliant idea.

Help please!

Which musician with a Geordie voice were you talking to this morning Colin.

His music was good but we did not catch his name or the name of his group.

He said he was going to play near Kings Cross and that he had played outside at the Sage for the Americana Festival.

He also said he was going to play the Hoochie Coochie club.

Help please!

Which musician with a Geordie voice were you talking to this morning Colin.

His music was good but we did not catch his name or the name of his group.

He said he was going to play near Kings Cross and that he had played outside at the Sage for the Americana Festival.

He also said he was going to play the Hoochie Coochie club.

Maggie.

His name was John Turrell. His website is : www.johnturrell.com

The Band was The Craig Charles Fantasy Funk

On Synergy Drive; Thursday, 4.30-7pm with John & Gary:

Heather Alabaster returns to update us on her guides &

Gary Nattrass talks about his long career in television. Including his early days at Tyne Tees Television.

TTTV.bmp

Edited by John W. SNRG

Sorry Ladies.

This is the first chance I`ve had to reply to your archive question.

It`s a very busy time doing all Synergy stuff & a full time job.

When our 28 day stint comes to an end. I will begin the job of going through our programme logs finding stuff which is either about, or relevant to, Bedlington.

The time consuming thing is it has to have the music removed from it for copyright reasons.

So it will take some time for me to do. But it will get done.

In the meantime after our broadcast ends next Friday you might like to listen to some of last years output available on the Audio button at the top of the page.

Many thanks for the kind words.

Synergy Drive Tuesday with John & Rich

5.15pm: Chris Lawson from RES talks about the new Biomass Power Station for Blyth

6.15pm: Barbara Henderson tells all about the November Club`s new theatrical production at Wallington Hall

• 1 month later...

During our first FM broadcast I had to pleasure of interviewing ex Bedlingtonian author Paul Mann re. his book "The Leek Club"

Life in Bedlington during the 50s: an excellent read. But don`t give it to your Granny as an Xmas present!

In our last broadcast another author stopped by: retired Lieutenant Colonel, Sydney Carr to talk about his book "The Fourth Lad".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fourth-Lad-challenging-upbringing-ebook/dp/B00BZZKMWU/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

Another facinating snap shot of his younger days in the 40s & 50s, growing up in the colliery rows of Ashington.

I`ve just finished it. Wonderful! It triggered so many memories for me. Including (to name just one) the furtive underage drink in the Portland worrying if the local police would come in!

As it isn`t a Bedders related theme, I haven`t added my interview with Syd to the audio archive, but as it is about a subject/era that gets covered a lot in our forums, I will do if requested.

I would love to hear the interview again.

Many of us in Bedlington also spent time in Ashington.

The Portland, Harmonic Hall, Lampglass etc

Ah yes. I remember a time when every night was music night in Ashington. Either a disco or live band on all week in the social clubs & of course The Cellar.