Synergy Fm

Dear All.

Fantastic news just in today:

The Big Lottery Fund has given us a grant of £6251 :thumbsup:

We applied for this money to finance another 28 day fm broadcast, similar to the one back in March last year.

So please watch this space for further details...

SYNERGY is about to return! :dj:

This post has been promoted to an article

promoted this to the News page John to make new visitors aware too

• 3 weeks later...

The leaflets you seen were for Synergy Physiotherapy Maggie not the radio station in this thread.

Synergy Physiotherapy is located further down Front Street East and I do believe that there is a new member on here from there.

See the news article that they posted -->

Although audio therapy is something I do highly rely on :dj:

The leaflets you seen were for Synergy Physiotherapy Maggie not the radio station in this thread.

Synergy Physiotherapy is located further down Front Street East and I do believe that there is a new member on here from there.

See the news article that they posted --> http://www.bedlingto...nsion-easy-r162

Although audio therapy is something I do highly rely on :dj:

Yep Brett. Music is also very good for the soul too! :thumbsup:

I was actually reading a good article on binaural beats in a magazine which I found highly interesting. It was based around the ability which music has to take the mind, body and soul to another plane due to the frequencies delivered through music.

Some producers and music obviously subconsciously does this but I do believe that music has the ability to heal, generally related to the fact that we attach emotions and memories to music but I love having a proper headphone moment where you close your eyes and get lost in the music.

Music is like a time machine. You play a certain record and it takes you straight back to that place or person where you first heard it. I only ever listen to my stuff with headphones on because music to me is personal. By all means share records with others but the best way is to put the phones on and take a trip back in time.

Music is like a time machine. You play a certain record and it takes you straight back to that place or person where you first heard it. I only ever listen to my stuff with headphones on because music to me is personal. By all means share records with others but the best way is to put the phones on and take a trip back in time.

Thanks to advances in hearing aid technology I now have, for the first time, the ability to listen to music in stereo. Google BAHA (bone anchored hearing aids).

Eh ????

Ha! Wondered which of the resident wags would respond so! Seriously, though, these things are amazing, far better than anything I've worn in the past. Comfortable, with excellent clarity and well worth considering.

I was actually reading a good article on binaural beats in a magazine which I found highly interesting. It was based around the ability which music has to take the mind, body and soul to another plane due to the frequencies delivered through music.

Some producers and music obviously subconsciously does this but I do believe that music has the ability to heal, generally related to the fact that we attach emotions and memories to music but I love having a proper headphone moment where you close your eyes and get lost in the music.

Try listening to Jeff Wayne`s `War of the Worlds all the way through. Mind boggling!

In fact I feel a new thread coming on...

http://www.bedlingto...th-the-cans-on/

Ha! Wondered which of the resident wags would respond so! Seriously, though, these things are amazing, far better than anything I've worn in the past. Comfortable, with excellent clarity and well worth considering.

I worked with a guy who had it done and he said it was the best thing he had done. Really I should look at having it done, I cant hear a thing out of my right lug, had an op on it 20 years ago but it is back to square one.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All.

Fantastic news just in today:

The Big Lottery Fund has given us a grant of £6251 :thumbsup:

We applied for this money to finance another 28 day fm broadcast, similar to the one back in March last year.

So please watch this space for further details...

SYNERGY is about to return! :dj:

This post has been promoted to an article

Even more fantastica news: we got the BLF dosh delivered today!

Now for the enjoyable task of organising/producing another 28 day FM broadcast: from our Synergy home at 90a Front Street East, Bedlington. :punk:

• Like 1

When will you be back on air John

Pete.

We are going to get our heads together in the next week or so to decide a date & then apply to Ofcom.

As soon as we get a date confirmed the Bedders site will, as ever, be the first to get to know.

Many thanks for your interest.

Pete.

We are going to get our heads together in the next week or so to decide a date & then apply to Ofcom.

As soon as we get a date confirmed the Bedders site will, as ever, be the first to get to know.

Many thanks for your interest.

i think all local radio is a good idea and a vital service for those unfortunates that dont get out the house..we have a local station over here and its great..it is also online and available to the millions of paddys around the world..also a great idea..if i was living in bedders i would probably tune in from time to time..but sadly i am not..if it gos on line i would tune in..to be sure..good luck with this venture and hope it gos well..

i think all local radio is a good idea and a vital service for those unfortunates that dont get out the house..we have a local station over here and its great..it is also online and available to the millions of paddys around the world..also a great idea..if i was living in bedders i would probably tune in from time to time..but sadly i am not..if it gos on line i would tune in..to be sure..good luck with this venture and hope it gos well..

Thanks for the kind thoughts Wonky.

Our 1st broadcast in March went very well & was on line, as will our next be.

A link will be on the Bedders site for you to use.

Watch this space!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear All

The more eagle eyed of you will have noticed the new Audio button at the top of our site.

This is an audio archive of selected material from Synergy.

At the minute you can listen to a slice of the 100 plus interviews conducted during our last FM broadcast.

Over the coming weeks I will be adding more material which either features Bedlington people, or is relevant to our town & surrounding districts.

The audio is also free to download (for community use only).

Happy listening!

Enjoyed listening to your interview with Paul Mann. It is very long!

Thanks Maggie.

Paul remarked himself how suprised he was with the time we gave him. That`s the nature of Community Radio.

Hope it sold him some extra books.

He might live in Maine USA now, but he is still one of ours, after all! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...