Are All Postmen Theiving Basta*ds?

Getting fed up with post being tampered with and items stolen. Anyone else having the same problem?

As for the police? Useless. No interest apart from wanting to remove me from the sorting office at Ashington. Not interested in the theft. Bunch of cocks!

Getting fed up with post being tampered with and items stolen. Anyone else having the same problem?

As for the police? Useless. No interest apart from wanting to remove me from the sorting office at Ashington. Not interested in the theft. Bunch of cocks!

no not here the postmans quite honest! and where do you buy your bunch of cocks from? That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds? :lol:

I`ve noticed that i`m getting less mail than usual, i`ve had a few reminders about not attending things but i`ve never recieved the first appointment, that sort of thing...and some of the mail i do receive has been half opened and on one occasion i received a letter what had obviously been opened then re-sealed again...

Something going on that`s for sure.

Guest mrsvic

Sorting office fight! More details please!

Our post dude is totally lovely... he always goes out of his way to get our post delivered, to save yet another Saturday morning at the sorting office... I once had a broken pane of glass in the top of the front door, which the postman used for bigger parcels before it got fixed... how about that for using initiative! (It totally fooled me how they got into my house for days... great fun! Shame some of the parcels were breakable, but worth it for the excitement!)

The sorting office are great too and are really helpful if anything is lost or late.

I buy everything from the internet and get deliveries almost daily... in this time I have only had 4 lost parcels out of 1000s, which isn't bad going. Twice parcels have been severely delayed and have arrived months later... this just adds to the excitement wondering will they or wont they arrive!

Perhaps I'm just lucky, or maybe the postdudes have no interest in my new shoes or our taste in music... maybe your postdude has a penchant for Panto gear? Perhaps an offer of a free Dandini costume for the Christmas period could solve your woes? :)

I had one letter that had been damaged/opened and had been resealed with a Royal Mail apology attached but no real problems other than that.

I did go through a bad patch with City Link though earlier this year. They failed to attempt delivery several times and each time they claimed a card had been left. Each time I went to the depot to collect there was a huge queue of people with similar complaints.

Have you entered a formal complaint? http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=69800720&mediaId=84400738

Guest mrsvic

I did go through a bad patch with City Link though earlier this year. They failed to attempt delivery several times and each time they claimed a card had been left. Each time I went to the depot to collect there was a huge queue of people with similar complaints.

We had the same problem with City Link too... paid a pretty penny to Firebox for a next day delivery which never arrived, and the legendary card was never left... the card-chasing went on for weeks. Awful. The management claimed it was one-off and promised to drop it off himself, which he did eventually... Never has a flying Pterodactyl caused so much trouble since Jurrasic Park...

Whoever Amazon Prime were employing for a courier also left us without shopping on a few occasions... never got a single parcel in the whole month it took us to cancel...

Lately I've had three deliveries from Royal Mail that have been torn open and the contents on one occasion were literally hanging from the packet.

Edited by Blank
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

That's not my experience of the local postpeople, just yesterday i had some items delivered, (2 torches) and one of them was missing! ( had fallen out of open package). the postman came back with after finding it in the bottom of his bag! a good honest man me thinks!

Glad to say I've had no problems with Royal Mail. It's some of the other couriers that nark me. Why they won't just deliver stuff to my neighbours who are always in is beyond me, especially when I've left an instruction to do so when placing my order. I won't order things from topshop or boots online for this exact reason! I think DHL are pants too. Am hardly going to drive to team valley to pick something up!

This reminds me of my favourite tip from Viz, 'Postmen,increase your chances of getting a Christmas tip by not being such a miserable ---- the other 364 days of the year.' Not my words though!

• 7 months later...

Been getting more mail recently? Yesterdays chronicle features an Ashington postman convicted of stealing over 75,000 items of mail.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2010/05/12/ashington-postman-filled-flat-with-stashed-mail-72703-26429860/

He lives (used to) round the corner from me the thieving muppet!!!

Good job all I get is bills through the post, anything else is courier..

i buy plenty stuff off That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds etc, and had nee bother with the postman, 90% of the time its bang on time only during the strikes ive had late mail and it was only day late.

postman who does my area is canny happy chap.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2010/05/12/ashington-postman-filled-flat-with-stashed-mail-72703-26429860/

He lives (used to) round the corner from me the thieving muppet!!!

Good job all I get is bills through the post, anything else is courier..

Stupid thing is I ordered some Phono cables t'other week and only one arrived...look at the photo of him on the chronicle site!!!! Think he already been caught then though..

Stupid thing is I ordered some Phono cables t'other week and only one arrived...look at the photo of him on the chronicle site!!!! Think he already been caught then though..

this fella you mean !! lmao.. think that might be my hat too..it was suposed to come from That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds last month.lolpost-2236-12740047883134_thumb.jpg

Sorting office fight! More details please!

Our post dude is totally lovely... he always goes out of his way to get our post delivered, to save yet another Saturday morning at the sorting office... I once had a broken pane of glass in the top of the front door, which the postman used for bigger parcels before it got fixed... how about that for using initiative! (It totally fooled me how they got into my house for days... great fun! Shame some of the parcels were breakable, but worth it for the excitement!)

The sorting office are great too and are really helpful if anything is lost or late.

I buy everything from the internet and get deliveries almost daily... in this time I have only had 4 lost parcels out of 1000s, which isn't bad going. Twice parcels have been severely delayed and have arrived months later... this just adds to the excitement wondering will they or wont they arrive!

Perhaps I'm just lucky, or maybe the postdudes have no interest in my new shoes or our taste in music... maybe your postdude has a penchant for Panto gear? Perhaps an offer of a free Dandini costume for the Christmas period could solve your woes? :)

• 2 months later...

Glad to say I've had no problems with Royal Mail. It's some of the other couriers that nark me. Why they won't just deliver stuff to my neighbours who are always in is beyond me, especially when I've left an instruction to do so when placing my order. I won't order things from topshop or boots online for this exact reason! I think DHL are pants too. Am hardly going to drive to team valley to pick something up!

This reminds me of my favourite tip from Viz, 'Postmen,increase your chances of getting a Christmas tip by not being such a miserable ---- the other 364 days of the year.' Not my words though!

There can't be many postmen who would have much of a need for mini-skirts, spangly boob-tubes and fake tan.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now