The Final Countdown

Denzel

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're anything like me, you probably spend most of the long, cold winter nights musing on the career of short-lived country-dance pop sensations Rednex.

I think that it all began to go wrong with their second single "Ole pop in an oak". People just weren't ready for such a radical departure from their first hit "Cotton Eye Joe". You have to give the public time to adjust to new things.

Rednex' doomed experiment

If you're anything like me, you probably spend most of the long, cold winter nights musing on the career of short-lived country-dance pop sensations Rednex.

I think that it all began to go wrong with their second single "Ole pop in an oak". People just weren't ready for such a radical departure from their first hit "Cotton Eye Joe". You have to give the public time to adjust to new things.

Rednex' doomed experiment

Now thats entertainment CK, a real barn storming foot tapping hoe down with plenty of clay pipe smoking, even the parrot was enjoying homself.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
In these trying times that test a chap's soul, is there anything that can bring a ray or two of innocent joy and allow us to forget all the fussin' and a-feudin' that surrounds us?

Of course there is. The jaunty, feelgood vibes of the

There's lovely!

In another lifetime, I always knew that peacekeeping was a whole lot harder than just shooting people. But I thought then, as I think now, that it is much more productive and sensible!

Joe

Guest missvic
Are you trying to make a statement missvic?

A statement? No, I'm not that type. Merely pointing out with respect to Mr Rooney that there may coarse language of which he may not be accustomed to. As for you, I pointed it out before you opened it and started whinging... it didn't stop it happening like!!

A statement? No, I'm not that type. Merely pointing out with respect to Mr Rooney that there may coarse language of which he may not be accustomed to. As for you, I pointed it out before you opened it and started whinging... it didn't stop it happening like!!

At my age, and after 22 years in the army, I am more than used to all sorts of language. But my parents always taught us that unless we spoke no English, it was not necessary to demonstrate our emotional illiteracy by using obscenities in place of acceptable conversation.

Everyone else is free to use whatever they wish, that is their sole choice. But we all grew up to believe and practice that habit.

Regards, Joe

At my age, and after 22 years in the army, I am more than used to all sorts of language. But my parents always taught us that unless we spoke no English, it was not necessary to demonstrate our emotional illiteracy by using obscenities in place of acceptable conversation.

Everyone else is free to use whatever they wish, that is their sole choice. But we all grew up to believe and practice that habit.

Regards, Joe

I agree Joe

Regards, Joe

I couldn't !*!@# well agree more.