100 Things To Do In Bedlington Before You Die

Guest mrsvic

1. Sledge down Atlee Bank

Done that one!

And the bank outside of the Sun.

And sledgeded into the Clayton (bravely) on my one and only visit ever. Never again. More like things to do in Bedlington if you want to die!

7 - Run across the Stepping Stones too fast and fall in the river.

what happens if you just rap it and don't fall in the river? does that count?

8. climb up the center support of the black bridge without a safety rope.

• 3 weeks later...

RACE through the black bridge on the two planks of wood that run the length of the bridge and jumping through the oval shaped holes that intersect the bridge at regular intervals bearing in mind that its a bloody long way down if you misjudge your steps...... what a track that was .... OH and we had a swing that we hung from a tree on the way down to Humford Baths it must have been a 50 foot drop (nowt compared to the bridge lol) and see how many you can get to swing at once.... well thats two things to do that I recall. OR two ways to die in Bedlington whatever terminology you choose.lol :blink::o

RACE through the black bridge on the two planks of wood that run the length of the bridge and jumping through the oval shaped holes that intersect the bridge at regular intervals bearing in mind that its a bloody long way down if you misjudge your steps...... what a track that was .... OH and we had a swing that we hung from a tree on the way down to Humford Baths it must have been a 50 foot drop (nowt compared to the bridge lol) and see how many you can get to swing at once.... well thats two things to do that I recall. OR two ways to die in Bedlington whatever terminology you choose.lol :blink::o

I have run through the the black bridge on the two planks, and that was when the trains were running. We also had a swing from the bridge and as you say it was a bloody long drop, some thig else you might try which we did on numerous occasions was gaining access to the bridge by climing up the steel super structure, there again we didn't have tele or computers.

its more fun going along the sides! or doing pull ups in the middle! :lol::lol: av see idoits climbing up the supports but never fancied it myself! :D

10. Rock the town with an (accidental) explosion whilst launching an "experimental" rocket from a secret site in Plessey Woods.

It was going on for 50 years ago now, and at last the truth can be told. Well... almost! biggrin.gif

• Like 1

10. Rock the town with an (accidental) explosion whilst launching an "experimental" rocket from a secret site in Plessey Woods.

It was going on for 50 years ago now, and at last the truth can be told. Well... almost! biggrin.gif

I want to hear more......

I want to hear more......

I said well... almost! But you might still find an ancient shard of aluminium somewhere within a quarter of a mile radius. All I found was a few bits of fin.

Anyway, the second much smaller one worked well, proving the unique (hydrogen disulphide) fuel wasn't quite as tricky as it seemed. But it was a daytime launch from Horton way, and the resulting smoke trail descending townward suggested that anything bigger (which got off the pad) would undoubtedly attact too much interest to be healthy for inquisitive teenagers.

Went the way of Bluestreak, Black Knight, and TSR2 I'm afraid. Only plus was Bedlington's space program resulted in no mega-loss to the British taxpayer. Not even a window or two. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now