Buying Computers And Components On-Line

threegee

Having dealt with may on-line suppliers here's my personal ratings. Please post any suppliers you've dealt with and any impressions you've gained from dealing with them in the same general format. Maybe we can build a reasonably comprehensive resource.

eBuyer

Prices: Very quick to manipulate prices. Sometimes good value, other times you'd do better to look elsewhere.

Service Level: Good to reasonably good; but they are not very flexible and upset more people than they need to.

Best for: Smaller items like cables, PSUs and modding bits.

Dabs

Prices: Middling to good.

Service Level: Rightly or wrongly they always give the impression of a quality supplier. Their product selector is a model of what other sites should have.

Best for: Larger items, but I found them best for hard drives recently.

Laptops Direct

Prices: On average really good. Some truly excellent bargains if you are fast enough to take advantage.

Service Level: So far faultless.

Best for: Laptops etc.

Scan Computers

Prices: Don't look very often but they seem competitive.

Service Level: Limited use but a while back they were OK.

Best for: Components.

Expansys

Prices: Above average but some occasional bargains.

Service Level: So far faultless.

Best for: Things you can't get elsewhere.

That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds

Website: www.That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds.co.uk

Prices: Some of the best but watch out for hidden charges.

Service Level: The twilight zone of the Internet - all over the place!

Best for: Second hand goods and rip-off tales.

Amazon

Prices: Sometimes the best buys, but at other times pricey - do your homework.

Service Level: Direct from Amazon good; third-party suppliers a sort of upper-class That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds!

Best for: The odd bargains. Far more support, far less risky, far less hassle, and quicker than That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds

Play.com

Prices: They come up with some good bargains, and can be the best source some of the time.

Service Level: Sometimes take orders for things they don't have, but are easily contactable by phone and refund without hassle.

Best for: Whatever they are best for at the time

Looking back at the above it's a ringing endorsement for buying on the Internet. It wasn't intended to be that!

Ebuyer all the way, wouldn't go anywhere else for my pc bits. great returns too! i also use amazon for ink and play.com for dual layer verbatims cheapest on the net if you include p&p.

however i do use the local pc world (kingston park) or computer orbit (west road) if i need something the same day!

ps au computers are rip off merchants!

That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds for pc bits :lol: i would rather buy it from the market boot sale!

i have bought a few things off the That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds and then wished i never!! such as a thermal take Graphics card heatsink that came with a short, pc memory that was duff, a coloured 8cm pc fan that makes more noise than the tumble dryer!.

no stay well away from That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds! full of !*!@# and rip offs!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now