And Keenlesides...

Guest xyz

Guest mrsvic

I noticed a charva mooching suspiciously today... mind charvas do nothing much else... it has forced me to rethink my home security arrangements. I need to protect the empty paint cans and broken BBQs in my garage with a new lock.

As a pawn in the Bedlington.co.uk advertising game, me and my newly shaped eyebrows trotted down to the station today, in the search of DIY produce.

In an ill-thought out move, I tried first to accomplish my security goal in Sonias, where although a pleasant sales assistant was responsible for the good selection of products on sale, the prices were not as reasonable as they once were and a few weird-smelling station-folk put me off my task. B.O-evading, I left for patures new...

Keenlesides... A great shop! A fine selection of products for both the novice DIYer and professional alike... they have seen me through from my first set of picture hooks, to providing the wood for grand unit-building schemes. Some time ago, my only flaw in the shop is that they were more costly than their rival, however, now, they may even been the cheaper of the two! The staff are great too! There are at least 5 of them in at any time... and they always stop their conversations to head off to help customers whenever someone comes through the door... without even needing to be asked! (you don't get that in B&Q). The shop has a huge choice of every sized screw, nail and bolt that is possible to be invented (or so it seems) AND they have a super choice of radio station that always has some kind of choice hits.

At Keenlesides I was able to find all items to suit my needs, allowing the empty box my hoover came in 3 years ago and the table with the broken leg to stay safe from chav hands!

• Like 1

Mrs Vic, first with the local business updates! I particularly like the selection of evil looking knives they had in a neat little box on the counter when I last visited, each replete with various implements, 90% of which nobody would ever need to use! They also has a truly brilliant innovation: an outdoor plug socket set cleverly disguised as a giant peanut, somethin found routinely in every Bedlington garden. Wonders will never cease. Got to go, need a new cardboard box and knackered bar-b, let's see how Mrs Vics' lock stands up!

They also has a truly brilliant innovation: an outdoor plug socket set cleverly disguised as a giant peanut, somethin found routinely in every Bedlington garden. Wonders will never cease.

Would look nice in the garden beside the band stand with the huge monkey in it :D

• 4 years later...

Nae gud me syeing owt...yi aal soond too fancy bay-window twang for me!!

Aal agree aboot Keenley's,Joan aalwis greets folk wi a smile,and the two youngins are bikers,so it's gotta be gud...!

But aam not havin Sonya's browt doon,cos Marcus and his staff are equally as friendly and helpful,and if he hesn't got wat yi waant,....whey tell him,and he'll try and get for yi!!!

[doesn't tek a college education ti figure that one oot noo duz it?.....heh heh!!]

Aye,seriously,we hev got a canny place in Bedltn,it's a pity Matty Robinson's isn't theor noo,cos mind....that was a mind-boggling place ti shop in!![and HE knew where ivrything was,in that den!!]

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now