My favourite's are...

• Flixster
  • Wordpress (Naturally)
  • TwitterFon
  • Shazam
  • Last.fm
  • Motion-x gps (for cycling)
  • Nru

I'm definately an iPhone fan now although I was a bit sceptical beforehand. I'm expecting threegee along to to this thread shortly as I'm sure he will probably have something to say on the matter :)

Guest mrsvic

I'm a bit concened about the iphone phenomenon... all these time and labour saving apps seem to me to be another way that the man makes us more reliant on technology, and thus, over time dumbs down our senses... proof being that many iphone users I know find it hard to answer their phones, or make texts and calls.

I am unconvinced by the whole thing and would prefer to use my innate abilty to calculate a tip, check what speed I am walking or find a take away... if I begin to rely on an iphone, what will I do when when my battery runs out?

• Like 1

proof being that many iphone users I know find it hard to answer their phones, or make texts and calls.

I agree that there are a lot of senseless apps for things like, as you say, calculating tips which should be second nature. Interestingly I recently watched a video regarding the future of "augmented reality" in smartphones. The application used the accelerometer, magnetometer, gps receiver, camera and facial recognition technology to overlay information on the screen when you pointed the camera at people and objects.

Here it is....

Now that's pretty cool but it does give us another excuse for not actually talking to people.

One of the excellent things I like about the iPhone is it's the first phone I've owned that can reliably merge my desktop and mobile activities. Having email synced (not just the emails themselves but whether I've read them or not) across multiple accounts. Also, traditionally I could only sync my contacts between PC and phone when they were physically connected now they stay synced without my intervention between PC, phone, facebook, Gmail, and any other application I can think of.

Yes I know, abilities like this never seem to originate from Apple themselves but they have done a good job of bringing together/plagiarising? lots of ideas into one package to make a really useful product.

I haven`t got a clue about Iphones or any other gadgets for that matter. It`s something that doesn`t interest me, i could gladly chuck my mobile in the bin and i wouldn`t miss it.

As long as i have my comp/internet and xbox i`m happy :D

I agree that there are a lot of senseless apps for things like, as you say, calculating tips which should be second nature. Interestingly I recently watched a video regarding the future of "augmented reality" in smartphones. The application used the accelerometer, magnetometer, gps receiver, camera and facial recognition technology to overlay information on the screen when you pointed the camera at people and objects.

Here it is....

Now that's pretty cool but it does give us another excuse for not actually talking to people.

One of the excellent things I like about the iPhone is it's the first phone I've owned that can reliably merge my desktop and mobile activities. Having email synced (not just the emails themselves but whether I've read them or not) across multiple accounts. Also, traditionally I could only sync my contacts between PC and phone when they were physically connected now they stay synced without my intervention between PC, phone, facebook, Gmail, and any other application I can think of.

Yes I know, abilities like this never seem to originate from Apple themselves but they have done a good job of bringing together/plagiarising? lots of ideas into one package to make a really useful product.

get a nokia n95 8gb it wipes the floor with any iphone

• 1 month later...

What is the purpose of this App? To stalk people

Allso lots of pointless apps in this video, but just to make your blood boil a bit more theres an annoying child narrating it. :angry:

Edited by ShaunPattison

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now