Recent Site Upgrades

OK, I've been busy tonight upgrading the forums and I'm just about done. Have a play and let me know what you think.

Known Issues

------------------

• The header is a little messy and not very space efficient at the minute.
  • The "show/hide" button for the top posters section on the forum homepage is misaligned.
  • Increasing or decreasing post reputation gives an error.

I'll be sorting these tomorrow along with finally integrating the login and enabling the classifieds.

I think I'll probably give the forums and their descriptions a bit of a re-jig as well because I think they're a bit cluttered.

If anybody spots any more issues just let me know.

Aaww.. I'd already decided to re-write the forum descriptions to give them a cleaner look! :)

Maybe a bug (or more likely an unset setting): When I hit the vote post up/down I get a "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" modal dialogue box.

Maybe the New Posts should feature before the Top Posters? We know who they are likely to be anyway! :lol:

All in all looking good

P.S. Just discovered the tweet box doesn't side-scroll properly making input/editing VERY difficult. Using Fry-a-fox of course

The disposable status column feature works very well - more sites should have this sort of thing to get rid of their clutter on netbook screens. Took me a short while to find the restore button though. It's not quite as obvious as the dispose one.

Maybe a bug (or more likely an unset setting): When I hit the vote post up/down I get a "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" modal dialogue box.

Looking into it

Maybe the New Posts should feature before the Top Posters? We know who they are likely to be anyway! laugh.gif

Done

P.S. Just discovered the tweet box doesn't side-scroll properly making input/editing VERY difficult. Using Fry-a-fox of course

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Are you saying the status update box doesn't scroll with the cursor as you type?

The disposable status column feature works very well - more sites should have this sort of thing to get rid of their clutter on netbook screens. Took me a short while to find the restore button though. It's not quite as obvious as the dispose one.

This is one of the features I am aware of it's a CSS positioning bug that I haven't zapped yet.

Thanks

- Andy

Looking into it

Done

Changed my mind, now I quite like it the way it was! ;)

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Are you saying the status update box doesn't scroll with the cursor as you type?

It seems to have change since last night. Did you do anything? The text entry box extended well beyond the window (but was clipped of course) so entering anything more than a couple of words was working sort of blind. To add my longish tweet it had to prepare it elsewhere and paste. Even then I missed a few times and got some words of the pre-edit left in place.

Update: Yes you have change it! :) But the text entry box could usefully take a 20% length increase. Works better now. Think the title should be changed to something more readily identifiable with its function though.

This is one of the features I am aware of it's a CSS positioning bug that I haven't zapped yet.

It's OK once you find it and know where it is for the next time, but I expect it's more learning than the average poster will want to do. They will probably dismiss the info column never to restore it again - except by serendipitous accident.

BTW I notice a considerable speed/usability increase on this early netbook. Didn't expect that! :)

It's OK once you find it and know where it is for the next time, but I expect it's more learning than the average poster will want to do. They will probably dismiss the info column never to restore it again - except by serendipitous accident.

Should be better positioned now.

Fixed