Fountain Hall

I have come across two references to Fountian Hall in Bedlington.

Fountain Hall Bedlington Ref 1

Fountain Hall Ref 2 - use Find on page "Fountain"

Some help in locating where it was (or is) would be helpful.

I can`t say i`ve heard of Fountain Hall but i`ve had a quick search on Google and the best site i`ve came up with that may help is Here

Your link refers to.."That part of the Township of Bedlington from the first house in the west

side of the half closes to the end of the Town on the same side. All the West

end of the Town and from Fountain Hall on the North side of the Town to the

Cross on the same side."

The only references to any Halls in Bedlington what i can find are `A demesne house, or hall, of the Bishop of Durham is recorded in Bedlington, probably somewhere near the church.` (Church of St Cuthbert)

So maybe the above link i gave might be of some help...Other than that, you could maybe pm Sw@lnalla, who is a member on here..he seems to know a bit about the history of Bedlington.

• 3 weeks later...
I can`t say i`ve heard of Fountain Hall but i`ve had a quick search on Google and the best site i`ve came up with that may help is Here

Your link refers to.."That part of the Township of Bedlington from the first house in the west

side of the half closes to the end of the Town on the same side. All the West

end of the Town and from Fountain Hall on the North side of the Town to the

Cross on the same side."

The only references to any Halls in Bedlington what i can find are `A demesne house, or hall, of the Bishop of Durham is recorded in Bedlington, probably somewhere near the church.` (Church of St Cuthbert)

So maybe the above link i gave might be of some help...Other than that, you could maybe pm Sw@lnalla, who is a member on here..he seems to know a bit about the history of Bedlington.

There was a Fountain Inn on Glebe road in the thirties and some old type houses next to it .

• 3 years later...

I have looked at the 1851 Census return for Bedlington and on page 50 (HO107 piece 2418 folio 363) it lists Fountain Hall. It would appear that Fountain Hall is a district as the next 220+ people in 52 families are all part of the district: unless the enumerator had no other names for the other areas / streets / houses?

Any ideas? I cannot find it in the previous and subseqent censuses (censi for latin scholars?)

I attach a copy of the words "Fountan Hall" from the 1851 census.

Hope someone may be able to shed some light. Might be connected with Soppett family.

post-2085-0-93232400-1360449931_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now