Council Bags

Has anyone else noticed how small the garden waste bags are this year? Just wanted to get it off my chest! Sick of grass spilling all over trying to empty the lawnmower box into them! They are no cheaper either. Rip off!

Has anyone else noticed how small the garden waste bags are this year? Just wanted to get it off my chest! Sick of grass spilling all over trying to empty the lawnmower box into them! They are no cheaper either. Rip off!

wey get your own bags and tek them to the tip your self. thats what i do! much more pleasurable knowing the stinking councils not making money out of my garden waste!

Guest mrsvic

They would go quite nicely into a composter if NCC hadn't put the price up three fold and started charging delivery this year :o

Most of our garden waste, incidentally, comes from council land anyway, in the guise of bloody brambles, which rip the bags we have to buy from the council to take them away.

In good gardening news, our raised beds are finally finished, we had our first strawberry yesterday and today our first pumpkin has raised it's little round head! Yay!

Quite agree, I heard that the garden waste goes into landfill in any case.

If possible put it in your black bin.

Instead of promoting recycling they are trying to profit from it.

Its not like we dont pay enough anyway.

wey get your own bags and tek them to the tip your self. thats what i do! much more pleasurable knowing the stinking councils not making money out of my garden waste!

You`ve got it right there Monsta!

`Compost delivered to your home in 25kg bags starts from £4.50 per bag (one to four bags); five to 20 bags costs £4.00 per bag and more than 20 bags costs £3.50 per bag. Loose compost comes at a minimum order of two tonnes costing £120. Alternatively residents can purchase and collect bags directly themselves from the Household Waste Recovery Centres for £3 per bag.` :o

The cheek!

You`ve got it right there Monsta!

`Compost delivered to your home in 25kg bags starts from £4.50 per bag (one to four bags); five to 20 bags costs £4.00 per bag and more than 20 bags costs £3.50 per bag. Loose compost comes at a minimum order of two tonnes costing £120. Alternatively residents can purchase and collect bags directly themselves from the Household Waste Recovery Centres for £3 per bag.` :o

The cheek!

the thing is most of it gans to landfill anyway! the greedy b@st@rds should be selling it for next to nowt!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now