What Happened To Them? (the Hunter family)

Anyone know what happened to the Hunter family who used to live in Terrior Close?The Dad worked at the Power Station in Cambios foreman fitter i think? Knew them in the sixties,but lost touch after moving away. Knew Joan the eldest daughter very well. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Anyone know what happened to the Hunter family who used to live in Terrior Close?The Dad worked at the Power Station in Cambios foreman fitter i think? Knew them in the sixties,but lost touch after moving away. Knew Joan the eldest daughter very well. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

they moved ages ago av seen one of the sons paul kicking about but the dad dies years ago!

ps wrong section! :D

[Not any longer! Hmmm.. moderators fallen down on the job? :ED]

• 3 months later...

I knew the Hunter family from Terrier Close,although it is many years since I have had any contact, Joan I know had asperations to join the police force though if she ever did I do not know, her younger sister Veronica used to visit our house as she went out with my younger brother for quite a while.

• 2 years later...

Me and Jim Hunter were great mates. When we were in our early teens we used to hang around together with Bob Baron. (All three of us lived in Terrier Close) We were never away from the Halfpenny/ New woods and where you saw one you saw the other two. As for where the Hunters are now!!! Jim and me lost contact but I believe he is living in Seychelles or something, The family comprised of three girls - Veronica, Joan & Christine. Then there was three boys; Jim, David and John. You've brought back happy memories because Jim, Bob and me had some great times together.

Edited by keith lockey

Wasn't there a bookie called Hunter who had a betting shop on Front Street somewhere; I have a vague memory that my Dad was a friend of his.

Maybe in the mid-90s I travelled up from London to see a Toon match at the new Derby County ground ... a London pal of mine had blagged some private box tickets and when we arrived there were some guys sharing the box with us, one of whom I discovered was a Bedlington lad - John Hunter; I didn't know John when I was a lad. I'm sure he said he was living in Church Close.

Wasn't there a bookie called Hunter who had a betting shop on Front Street somewhere; I have a vague memory that my Dad was a friend of his.

Maybe in the mid-90s I travelled up from London to see a Toon match at the new Derby County ground ... a London pal of mine had blagged some private box tickets and when we arrived there were some guys sharing the box with us, one of whom I discovered was a Bedlington lad - John Hunter; I didn't know John when I was a lad. I'm sure he said he was living in Church Close.

The John Hunter I knew was the youngest of the family - we all lived in the same street at Terrier Close - but I don't think he was a football fan, funny enough. So you might have the wrong John Hunter.

Me and Jim Hunter were great mates. When we were in our early teens we used to hang around together with Bob Baron. (All three of us lived in Terrier Close) We were never away from the Halfpenny/ New woods and where you saw one you saw the other two. As for where the Hunters are now!!! Jim and me lost contact but I believe he is living in Seychelles or something, The family comprised of three girls - Veronica, Joan & Christine. Then there was three boys; Jim, David and John. You've brought back happy memories because Jim, Bob and me had some great times together.

I knew them well (as you know Keith) David is is still very much arround and still selling cars.

post-2953-0-07695200-1343479998_thumb.jp

I knew them well (as you know Keith) David is is still very much arround and still selling cars.

Here's some photos from the old box brownie, Keith. Now you know why you mistook me for Phil Temple in the Whitley photo. Jim was tall even then - we were about thirteen-fourteen when those were taken.

post-2953-0-69060200-1343479989_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

post-2953-0-07695200-1343479998_thumb.jp

Here's some photos from the old box brownie, Keith. Now you know why you mistook me for Phil Temple in the Whitley photo. Jim was tall even then - we were about thirteen-fourteen when those were taken.

Aye I could have sworn it was you in that Whitley photo, but when you said it was PhilipTemple it kinda came back. I've never seen the "Mr, Cool " Bryan Ferry wannabe for years, ( jim Hunter) I knew he move abroad somewhere. Dave is in my friends list on Facebook if you want to get in touch with him

• 1 year later...

yes know the family well.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now