Black Bridge

I was wondering if the swings are still their, on the south side of the river blyth. Went there a lot as a kid and loved it. We had to get to it by either going over the bridge or through it and had to run from the train a couple of times, scary. I had only one accident while playing there. there was two swings and me and mi mate Tetti swung at the same time and hit each other in mid flight, i let go and fell in to a blackberry bush and had to be carried home bye my friends. Good times......... ;)

Guest mrsvic

There was a pushchair hanging from the bridge recently. Sadly, too many charvas on motorbikes make the South side of the river a less than hospitable place for an afternoon stroll. :(

On a happier note... Denise continues to be loved by David on the bridge itself... I wonder who they were, and whether their love continues to flourish?

Guest mrsvic
With or without occupying child?

No child, just strangley hoisted by a makeshift noose, making it look very wrong indeed.

I think most of us have happy memories regarding the black bridge mine were of climbing up under the north side of the bridge with a young lady a couple of times ;)

Sorry ex-B missed your posting in time. As for a message just something about getting fingers out of orifices before there is nothing left! If that "new build" goes ahead will it close half of them, if it doesn't go ahead will the other half be closed away once parking charges are introduced? Anyone shouting about UBR, that looks to be a time bomb! What is the take up on the new grants for modernisations? Quite a bit to go at I would have thought.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now