Parish Council Results.

Thanks for posting the link. I've been looking through these, and noticed at two candidates (R Major) and (A Pegg) have been elected to represent both West Bedlington and East Bedlington (Sleekburn) wards.

Is this allowed? If not, do they have to give up one of their seats to another candidate? Does there have to be another election? As ever the county council web site is hopeless.

M.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the link. I've been looking through these, and noticed at two candidates (R Major) and (A Pegg) have been elected to represent both West Bedlington and East Bedlington (Sleekburn) wards.

Is this allowed? If not, do they have to give up one of their seats to another candidate? Does there have to be another election? As ever the county council web site is hopeless.

M.

Yes they can respresent both wards it is allowed. Hope this helps

T

• Like 1

Quite a low turnout compared to other parish council votes in the area.

Quite a low turnout compared to other parish council votes in the area.

what do you expect with the choice you where given?

labour, labour, labour, lib dem, lib, dem, labour oh and con! what hapened to the greens, bnp, etc etc? what a fix!

Well monsta maybe you should have stood as BNP......?

Is the low turnout down to voter apathy or not having enough choice?

wey next time if there's as much choice a might start me own party ;)

Guest mrsvic

Saw one of the Labour candidates that didn't quite make it earlier, parking illegally in a disabled parking spot in a busy carpark... suppose they need to break the rules somehow...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Well it seems we now have a Town Council instead of a Parish council? What is the difference........the councillors get to elect a mayor. Take a bow Councillor Pegg errr....... Mayor of West Bedlington Town Council.

http://www.newspostleader.co.uk/latest/Par...atus.5434673.jp

Hmmmm. The article refers to a 'South Bedlington', as far as I'm aware, there is only North, East and West Bedlington.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now