Three Drains And Back Lanes

Guest xyz

Guest mrsvic

The Market Place is still dug up... but, alas, the paving stones required for our patio ust have been theived by either gypsy or Perry some time back. It doesn't look like there's been much progress made either... the £500,000 has so far removed the paving stones and added one of the fences from a previous post. The fence is now starting to the focus of my wrath... it allows me to see that no work is being done, there are no bins left and I am often forced into looking reet daft when trying to negotiate the obstacles of old folk and cobbles (especially in high heels). The course is made more perilous due to the number of 'threesa drains' on the narrow walkway that is left to navigate... almost leaving me knocking 2 crates of cheap beer out of a charva's pushchair last week... eek!

Of course, the risk of infusing anger in the LCL-class is nothing in comparison to what could have happened should I have walked over the drain trio... something bad! I don't know what, I have never dared risk it... but I have been told on good authority that something bad will surely happen should the 3 drains be trodden... eek! This problem is multiplied when in the big smoke, where the rules still apply... but the cosmopolitan folk don't understand it.

Neither do the out of towners understand the conventon of the back lane through-route... a path that takes longer to get from Station to Top End, but is still the preferential route of the walking-class. I am unsure if a bad thing will happen if the les charvs consume their White Lightning and Greggs on the main road... but I'm guessing that must be the reason.

Bedlington seems to have some quaint traditions instilled into the native townsfolk... does anyone have any more?

The Market Place is still dug up... but, alas, the paving stones required for our patio ust have been theived by either gypsy or Perry some time back. It doesn't look like there's been much progress made either... the £500,000 has so far removed the paving stones and added one of the fences from a previous post. The fence is now starting to the focus of my wrath... it allows me to see that no work is being done, there are no bins left and I am often forced into looking reet daft when trying to negotiate the obstacles of old folk and cobbles (especially in high heels). The course is made more perilous due to the number of 'threesa drains' on the narrow walkway that is left to navigate... almost leaving me knocking 2 crates of cheap beer out of a charva's pushchair last week... eek!

Of course, the risk of infusing anger in the LCL-class is nothing in comparison to what could have happened should I have walked over the drain trio... something bad! I don't know what, I have never dared risk it... but I have been told on good authority that something bad will surely happen should the 3 drains be trodden... eek! This problem is multiplied when in the big smoke, where the rules still apply... but the cosmopolitan folk don't understand it.

Neither do the out of towners understand the conventon of the back lane through-route... a path that takes longer to get from Station to Top End, but is still the preferential route of the walking-class. I am unsure if a bad thing will happen if the les charvs consume their White Lightning and Greggs on the main road... but I'm guessing that must be the reason.

Bedlington seems to have some quaint traditions instilled into the native townsfolk... does anyone have any more?

Erm .. what?

Aye, and what`s more, i seem to remember a lovely cherry blossom tree that used to be there..they`ve howked that doon too :angry:

Plus, it wasn`t 2 minutes since they spent god knows how much on that part of Bedlington with the useless steps and what not..now they`ve howked it all up. What a waste of money :angry:

Eeeee mind..not impressed.

Aye, it seems strange that you and a certain other friend of mine have so much in common like the drains thing. Both of you shout at me when I walk over them. Oh and I seem to remember you telling me it was something to do with witches!!!!

Guest mrsvic
is that the same as walking on pavements with cracks in them.

that was deemed as unlucky when i was a kid.

Nooooo... 3 drains is much much worse!

As for the witches Claire... I have no recollection of this tale :o

I totally agree with the 3 drains......................I still, even now make sure I don't walk over 3 drains. lol. hmmmmmmmmmm...........................................

BTW Mrs Vic, we looked dappa on our pics from fri night, will have to send you them!! xx :rolleyes:

As for the witches Claire... I have no recollection of this tale :o

I think we'd been drinking at the time and I remember arguing with you about it :blink:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now