2 Fences

Guest xyz

Guest mrsvic

£1 million pound to redevelop the Market Place? That was the promise wasn't it? That woman who owns the Tesco site seems to be doing well out of it, doesn't she?

For the last few days a small fence (possibly aluminium) has surrounded the front of Tesco... ominous, and with the presence of wooden ramps, all too much for me. However, overnight, this has evolved into a megastructure, of a taller aluminium variety, now taking over the majority of the Market Place. I'm hoping it may fix the steps that no-one can walk down properly, but guess it's just going to help put some of the smaller shops out of business thus promoting the Tesco brand.

In protest we went to Asda. Passing on the way, the Bedlington Terrier, which also has now a new fence beside it (wooden), kind of taking over all of the land to the right of it. The fence in this instance, does not look as offical, and in my opinion, seems to be more a marking out of territory. Exciting nontheless.

Now, dear reader, I can only assume that these 2 fences are not linked, due to their difference in size, material and location, but that in no way detracts from the purpose of either of them, which I presume will be to fill the town with businesses to take away the trade from our dear shopkeepers and/ or build a care home.

Should anybody have any futher information please do not hesitate to post.

Oh, and for those of you not too excited by the fencing issue, I can also report seeing one of the BMX bandits narrowly missing being clipped by a car yesterday. The lady driver looked startled as the bike jumped the curb a flew out in front of her, whereas the onlookers looked disappointed that she didn't speed up.

Photos of said fences... http://www.bedlington.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=2022

Didn't they recently spend a load of cash doing up the market area and putting down that nice paving that they've ripped up today?

Can't remember exactly when but yes, about ten years ago I think. Anybody know what has happened to the old paving?

Photos of said fences... http://www.bedlington.co.uk/community/index.php?showtopic=2022

Can't remember exactly when but yes, about ten years ago I think. Anybody know what has happened to the old paving?

the old paving stones are heaped at the side i think ther getting skipped i wouldnt mind a few of them mite go ask tomorrow

Guest mrsvic
Yep I can think of a number of uses for it.

Let us know if they're going cheap! We need to lay a base for our summerhouse and need to reclaim the £150 it's going to cost us in planning permission.

Didn't they recently spend a load of cash doing up the market area and putting down that nice paving that they've ripped up today?

The Market Place costings were always an enigma. WDC never answered the question as to how much it had cost????? (How do you produce an audited set of accounts?)

The rest of the footpath up Front Street was about 90K+40K over 2 years if I remember correctly. This included the bollards. I talked to the lads laying these slabs who said they are patio slabs not paving slabs and they expected to be back relaying them quite often as they were not for heavy footfalls! So ideal for domestic use then, even shed bases!

• 2 weeks later...
Let us know if they're going cheap! We need to lay a base for our summerhouse and need to reclaim the £150 it's going to cost us in planning permission.
Yep I can think of a number of uses for it.

i spoke to the gaffa today and he said take as many blocks/flags as you want as there only going to get skipped :D

i spoke to the gaffa today and he said take as many blocks/flags as you want as there only going to get skipped :D

It’s crying out for someone to take the lot, sell them for 50p each and put the money into a Bedlington charity pot. I hesitate to mention Xmas lights donation or floral displays!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now