Anywhere Nice To Dine Around Here?

The Ridge Farm certainly aint on my list anymore to eat at, had a few bad experiences in there when dining. Me and a few friends were at The Waterloo in Blyth for sun dinner a few weeks back and ive got to say it was lovely, didnt expect it to be but was very impressed. Was at verdi's tonight for a meal and that was lovely too but I think that everyone has kinda forgotten that verdi's is there now as he seems to be very quiet at the minute. Anyone have any suggestions as to where is nice to dine?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashianna. (I should be on comission 4 the place, ) High levels of service not usually found round here, eg, doors being opened for you...simple things but make you feel spoilt. Food is fantastic, best indian food I've tasted , (except for Mr.Hair's cooking :D ) everything tastes fresh and sort of 'clean' compared to cuuries I've had before. It's not dirt cheap but you do get what you pay for. If you fancy trying out a selection of what they have to offer then there's a 10-course banquet for £15 a head, you tell them the sort of things you like eg, "Ahh divent like fish me," and voila they give you...no fish. But a load of other delicacies..I guarantee you will be leaving with a doggy bag. The owner is a swell guy too and its great that such a good business man has chosen Bedlington. I reckon it may even put us on the map.

Ashianna

46-48 Front St West

Bedlington, NE22 5UB

01670 820220

I don't work for them! It's just a mint curry.

If you are willing to travel go to Dragon house on stowell street for chinese or Numjai on Westgate Road for Thai. I am a fussy !*!@# and these are all fab. (I don't recommend that newish one in Blyth with about 600 dishes on it's menu not naming any names.)

Ashianna. (I should be on comission 4 the place, ) High levels of service not usually found round here, eg, doors being opened for you...simple things but make you feel spoilt. Food is fantastic, best indian food I've tasted , (except for Mr.Hair's cooking :D ) everything tastes fresh and sort of 'clean' compared to cuuries I've had before. It's not dirt cheap but you do get what you pay for. If you fancy trying out a selection of what they have to offer then there's a 10-course banquet for £15 a head, you tell them the sort of things you like eg, "Ahh divent like fish me," and voila they give you...no fish. But a load of other delicacies..I guarantee you will be leaving with a doggy bag. The owner is a swell guy too and its great that such a good business man has chosen Bedlington. I reckon it may even put us on the map.

Ashianna

46-48 Front St West

Bedlington, NE22 5UB

01670 820220

I don't work for them! It's just a mint curry.

If you are willing to travel go to Dragon house on stowell street for chinese or Numjai on Westgate Road for Thai. I am a fussy !*!@# and these are all fab. (I don't recommend that newish one in Blyth with about 600 dishes on it's menu not naming any names.)

Do they do one of them good old English lasagnes!

I like Ashianna never had a bad meal from there, infact having a takeout from there tonight

I would also suggest The Three Horse Shoes and The Keel Row Pub too :)

Word of mouth has it that The Cherry Tree does nice food

Ridge Farm aint bad, been there a few times in past few weeks and couldnt complain :)

The Ridge Farm certainly aint on my list anymore to eat at, had a few bad experiences in there when dining. Me and a few friends were at The Waterloo in Blyth for sun dinner a few weeks back and ive got to say it was lovely, didnt expect it to be but was very impressed. Was at verdi's tonight for a meal and that was lovely too but I think that everyone has kinda forgotten that verdi's is there now as he seems to be very quiet at the minute. Anyone have any suggestions as to where is nice to dine?

the ridge iss alright , well it as been the past few times i've had me sunday lunch there! ;)

Don't listen to Denzel. He is wrong. WRong wrong wrong wrong wrong!! Anyhoo Bombay nights is owned by same people. So yeah...get a take away I'm sure it will be lovely! Surprised Denz hasn't plugged his previous workplace.. (It's 'average' mind!)

'MBFD says it's really good so I better agree'.

Kalams gaff is quality. A fine curry emporium for the discerning curry chomper as it offers a fine selection of alternative currys compared to the standard Madras/Balti/Vindaloo fare served up by other shoddier establishments.

His Tikka Cheese starter is truly the food of the gods.

Check it out and say i sent you, perhaps i will gain some form of freeby.......

Verdi's is not nice, he keep the garlic industry going single handed. Possible why there are no vampires in Bedlington............

Kalams gaff is quality. A fine curry emporium for the discerning curry chomper as it offers a fine selection of alternative currys compared to the standard Madras/Balti/Vindaloo fare served up by other shoddier establishments.

His Tikka Cheese starter is truly the food of the gods.

Check it out and say i sent you, perhaps i will gain some form of freeby.......

Verdi's is not nice, he keep the garlic industry going single handed. Possible why there are no vampires in Bedlington............

Nepotism, nothing more.

dont know why you all seem to dislike verdi's, i only go there like once a year and that suits me but suppose everyone is different.

I have been hearing that travellers rest is supposed to be nice for sun dinners but not sure I could lower myself to go into there, sounds a bit snobby but ive heard that its a bit rough and ready in there so dont think i'd really like to try it. anyone know anything about the travellers?anyone been lately?

i've got to say, if a weary traveler, roaming the north east for a decent restarant, asked me where i would recomend, i would point them in the direction of Bedlington Front Street and inform them the curry house to the right of the TSB bank is first class...

Ideal for a Take-Away, and more than ideal as a location for a first date of some discription.

I myself have had a few Buisness meetings there and everyone was impressed on each occasion.

My vote goes to ASHIANNA!!!

dont know why you all seem to dislike verdi's, i only go there like once a year and that suits me but suppose everyone is different.

I have been hearing that travellers rest is supposed to be nice for sun dinners but not sure I could lower myself to go into there, sounds a bit snobby but ive heard that its a bit rough and ready in there so dont think i'd really like to try it. anyone know anything about the travellers?anyone been lately?

So you dont like things rough and ready then ... denzel take notes :P

If you had the opportunity doesnt that mean that you should take care in the future of choosing the correct business to take there??

you silly moo, you think i'm a pimp or something???

the buisness i was refering to was ACTUAL buisness, and not the lady's of the night kind!

like buisness meetings etc.

Bah, Disgusting minds the lot of you!

like anyone would go there with me for any other reason!!!

(yes, i've asked!)