Neighbours In Haig Road

lsw235

Hi - I'm wondering if there is a possibility that any past neighbours or anyone, remember my

family who lived in Haig road bedlington, first in nr 9 and then moved to nr 10 when the

council was revenating the houses in the road, the name was/is Craig.

Father was generally known as "Jock", myself as Billy, sister is Sylvia and mother was

called, Peggy.

Father's and my favorite pubs were the Dun Cow, Black bull and the Northumberland arms.

"Anyone"??????.

***As can be guessed, I am a senior citizen now****

Bill

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bill.

My Grandad lived at 20 haig road for years. His name was Harry Myerscough though most people knew him as Henna. He was married to Ginny.( at least I think thats what she was called, sadly I never knew her) My dad ( Joseph )was actually born in that house.

His other 2 sons were Robin and Kevin. he moved out around 1985/86 as far as I remember.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi - I'm wondering if there is a possibility that any past neighbours or anyone, remember my

family who lived in Haig road bedlington, first in nr 9 and then moved to nr 10 when the

council was revenating the houses in the road, the name was/is Craig.

Father was generally known as "Jock", myself as Billy, sister is Sylvia and mother was

called, Peggy.

Father's and my favorite pubs were the Dun Cow, Black bull and the Northumberland arms.

"Anyone"??????.

***As can be guessed, I am a senior citizen now****

Bill

Hi Bill,

My grandma lived at No 42 her name was Mary Turner,she was well known in the town,used to collect for the Provident. My brother Bill used to deliver the milk in Haigh Rd for Ted Abbs with the well known horse "Silver" back in the 1950's

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now