Petrol Prices

Tax up yet again today, and another tax rise due next April. This is help in a recession?! :angry:

fuelgraph.jpg

Increases not shown on this graph yet. The government spin is that "in real terms" it's less than in 1997, but people don't get paid "in real terms" they get paid in real money!

The drop in VAT is due to be reversed in December. Any reduction in shop prices has already been swallowed up in inflation due to the fall of Sterling. So the rises this December will put us back in a worse position than when this relief was given.

Tax up yet again today, and another tax rise due next April. This is help in a recession?! :angry:

Conveniently on a day where the media is pre-occupied with the G20 summit.

still under a pound per litre still cheaper than it was last year! :D

Yes but there are two seperate things at work here, the cost of oil and the tax. Whilst the price of petrol may have fallen since last year this is because of a fall in the price of oil back to "reasonable" levels. A fall in the price of oil does not mean that the tax levied on it should be allowed to increase. Increasing the tax on fuel at times of low oil prices is a very easy way to slip in a tax increase without people noticing, do it on the same day as another major news story and it's even easier.

Instead of complaining why not go to London with the rest of them and riot today. I hope the bizzies smash everyone of their stupid, student faces in.

I don,t know what proprtion of our gas prices are due to tax, I just believe that they are very high.

But yesterday I filled my tank at my local Safeway grocery store and paid 74cents a litre, this is a discounted price, and the UK equivalent is 43.5 P per litre.

Still too much!

Joe

Instead of complaining why not go to London with the rest of them and riot today.

Because the majority of protesters in London today don't even know what they are protesting against themselves. Interestingly it was amusing to watch how many are wielding expensive top of the range Canon DSLR's and Sony video cameras produced by "The Man"

sorry like but they've got to get the money from some where! think your sel lucky you dont live in zimbabwe cause then you would have something to complain about!

I hope the bizzies smash everyone of their stupid, student faces in.

:lol::lol::lol:

Because the majority of protesters in London today don't even know what they are protesting against themselves. Interestingly it was amusing to watch how many are wielding expensive top of the range Canon DSLR's and Sony video cameras produced by "The Man"

There was also a proliferation of balaclavas, bandanas and scarves, used to hide facial features. I hope the Dibble stamp on every windpipe.

sorry like but they've got to get the money from some where! think your sel lucky you dont live in zimbabwe cause then you would have something to complain about!

:lol::lol::lol:

One thing we wouldn't be able to complain about is that the head of government had never stood for democratic election to his position! BTW have you ever been to Zimbabwe?

And, since when was monsta an apologist for Global Gordon? Have you been attending the Mandelson School of Spin - St Benet Biscop Precinct,,,,,,, recently? :D

One thing we wouldn't be able to complain about is that the head of government had never stood for democratic election to his position! BTW have you ever been to Zimbabwe?

no but av been to choppington! :lol::lol:

And, since when was monsta an apologist for Global Gordon? Have you been attending the Mandelson School of Spin - St Benet Biscop Precinct,,,,,,, recently? :D

yeah i was there the other day! :D and im not a apologist for mr Broon he's a gompy b*stard! and the rest of them are back stabbing !*!@# ! like al mp's :lol::lol::lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now