Have I Got Mayors For You

Denzel

Remember what Boris Johnson (for all those who isolated themselves in the plastic world of Soap Opera and Z-List Celebs he's the Mayor of London ) called it at the Olympics ... "whiff-waff". Got a certain ring to it; I can just imagine some of the locals calling-out across Front Street - "fancy a game of whiff-waff, Geordie?".

Our resident Ray LaMontaigne fan wants us all to know that he watches 'Have I Got News For You'. Thanks Derek.

Never miss it Denzel! However, my interest in all things Boris is down to me not voting for him ... Ken* was my man; yep, I'm a London Mag.

*for the "legions of the morbidly obese, slumped in their groaning chairs whilst stuffing chocolates down their gizzards" when only watching endless soaps and never reading a decent newspaper - Ken Livingston was the former Mayor of London, ex-Leader of the wonderful GLC (Greater London Council), thorn-in-the-side of that bitch Thatcher, supporter of the Miners and victim of the slavish Tory (pause to spit) press. Younger viewers may want to Google - Thatcher; Miners.

Malcolm - during Ken's terms as Mayor much good work was done, it's a shame he spoilt it all in the final couple of years by stubbornly protecting his 'bag-carrier' Lee Jasper. It made Ken look crooked ... something he never was ... and lost him the election. The "camp guard" comment was blown out of all proportion by the London Standard newspaper (part of the Daily Mail evil empire) and that soiled rag itself, The Mail.

This information may seem irrelevant to those who naturally inhabit this place, however, for the legions of the morbidly obese, slumped in their groaning chairs whilst stuffing chocolates down their gizzards when only watching endless soaps and never reading a decent newspaper my mission is to educate. :P

for the legions of the morbidly obese, slumped in their groaning chairs whilst stuffing chocolates down their gizzards when only watching endless soaps and never reading a decent newspaper my mission is to educate. :P

Don't you ever get bored with yourself?

This information may seem irrelevant to those who naturally inhabit this place, however, for the legions of the morbidly obese, slumped in their groaning chairs whilst stuffing chocolates down their gizzards when only watching endless soaps and never reading a decent newspaper my mission is to educate.

he only knows this as he does it his self! whats your favourite eastenders or corry! :lol::lol::lol:

Sym,

I sympathised with him at first especially having to forgo his party’s candidature only to blow the official candidates out of the water but then things went wrong. It wasn’t really the Ken the London voters expected or wanted but I suppose the job had changed by then, not the least being a change of government colour. I think he had his time and needed to let go. I spoke to people who knew him personally and boy do they have tales to tell!

As for Boris, mad as a box of frogs but I can’t help liking the guy, if nothing else you get to have a laugh!

Blank - never. I fill my head with knowledge and I'm interested in what others have to say and always appreciate another viewpoint. This allows me to have a vibrant social life in the Capital's wine bars. Bored? ... I don't have a minute to get bored. Yep, there's also all the Toon's matches in London.

Monsta - no, no dear boy. What little time I have for telly is exhausted by current affairs, a decent documentary, the odd film ... Oh, and footy. I can honestly say I've only ever watched one episode of that damp sponge Corry - the very first one back in the 60's when I was a nipper ... never again. I realised the potential damage it causes to the brain cells.

Mercuryg - a list is being prepared at this very moment for your enlightenment ... "Hold the Front Page!!!"

Malc - I knew Ken in the old GLC days and he was a consummate politician, a skilled operator (he must have studied The Prince every morning when eating his Cornflakes) and yes, he was 'colourful'. He was also the sort you wanted on your side. This didn't change until, as I said, the last couple of years of what was developing into a reign (in the Emperor sense) ... he began to loose the plot. His time may come again. I too love Boris ... Boris the Clown. Can't get enough of the jester ... he was on Channel 4 news tonight talking about ectoplasm. Wonderful stuff.

Sym,

I visited the Smoke in the GLC days and rode the tube for 20p anywhere, thanks Ken! His crushing victory at the first Mayoral election might have had more to do with the perceived way he was treated by his party and an ‘anti’ vote than any great support for him and his policies. (In much the same way as Boris?) I suppose once a person makes a whole party machine bend to accommodate him he might just loose the plot!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now