3 Words For Bedlington

If you had 3 words to describe Bedlington what would they be?

I realise this has the potential to end up as a typical town bashing but it's for a serious purpose so please try not to be too predictable and keep them positive.

These could be adjectives, landmarks or any other word you would associate with the town.

sorry but i have to be honest so:

1. undercut

2. deprived

3. hell-hole

sorry i couldn't lie!

how ever i could stay:

daniel gooch (railway engineer)

bedlington terrier (the dog)

bedlington terriers FC

bit more positive! :D

You omitted to say whether the three words can create a phrase, or should be stand-alone. ;)

If the former:

Shrunk the World!

Why? Because we are the true birthplace of *both* the railways and worldwide communication. Malcolm Longridge's flanged rail now covers the world, and opened up vast areas of it. Daniel Gooch's pioneering transatlantic cable was the first concept-proving shot at spanning it electronically, reducing message times from months to milliseconds.

What other small town anywhere can make such a claim? Still.. we can all trot along to the Bedlington Museum of Engineering and learn about our magnificent and insightfull forbearers. What? The museum Bedlington paid for is in Ashington and is yet another pit museum that skilfully avoids any pretence that we did anything which changed the future! Oh well, at least were're world famous anyway. Pity it's for a mutt we nicked from Rothbury, and not for the things that individual bedlingtonians did to advance human progress. :(

JUST TO SAY HELLO TO EVERYBODY WHO USES THE SITE .I HAVE BEEN READING THE COMMENTS FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS AND CAN,T BELIEVE HOW NEGATIVE SOME PEOPLE ARE ABOUT BEDLINGTON

Never saw you defending the place though.

1. Wetherspoons

2. Leisure Center

3. Christmas Lights

Oh - and I'd say anyone who lives in Bedlington has a right to think what they like about the place.

Guest mrsvic
Boring

Empty

Deprived

Lifeless

In need

Numbing

Ghost town

The poorest part of Wansbeck

Old fashioned

Nightlife .. well theres none

That's one of the best bits! Try as I may to recreate the vogue of 1967, where else can I really can get the feel of an attitude that's 40 years out of date? Just like quantum Leap it is! Acer!

That's one of the best bits! Try as I may to recreate the vogue of 1967, where else can I really can get the feel of an attitude that's 40 years out of date? Just like quantum Leap it is! Acer!

yeah but theres old fashioned and maybe outdated, bedlington needs a serious revamp, which has been promised in more ways than i can remember, look at other areas of wansbeck where they inject the cash - its wasted, bedlington is neglected time and time again

;)

Boring

Empty

Deprived

Lifeless

In need

Numbing

Ghost town

The poorest part of Wansbeck

Old fashioned

Nightlife .. well theres none

more than three there

on a plus side tho

erm

nah cant think of anything

Can,t understand why your still living here in bedlington. If you dislike it so much why not move to a different area (newbiggen , blyth,ashington , cramlington ) i would think any person living in those places would gratefully swap council houses with you.It is not the place were you live but the people who live there that make it special.

bedlingtonian and proud

Can,t understand why your still living here in bedlington. If you dislike it so much why not move to a different area (newbiggen , blyth,ashington , cramlington ) i would think any person living in those places would gratefully swap council houses with you.It is not the place were you live but the people who live there that make it special.

bedlingtonian and proud

We don’t all live in council houses.

If everyone who didn’t like living in Bedlington decided to move out of the place would there be anyone besides you and a few more easily pleased residents still living here?

There is more to it than that. People stay for other reasons - family ties, schools, work commitments etc.

We don’t all live in council houses.

If everyone who didn’t like living in Bedlington decided to move out of the place would there be anyone besides you and a few more easily pleased residents still living here?

There is more to it than that. People stay for other reasons - family ties, schools, work commitments etc.

Just to say i dont live in a council house and i agree that there is other reasons why people can,t move away . but why can,t people make the best of what they have and start to look in a positive way . bedlington people are some of the freindliest people in the north east so to say there is nothing to do is rubbish, get out and make freinds is what i am saying instaed of just sitting there and moaning

Just to say i dont live in a council house and i agree that there is other reasons why people can,t move away . but why can,t people make the best of what they have and start to look in a positive way . bedlington people are some of the freindliest people in the north east so to say there is nothing to do is rubbish, get out and make freinds is what i am saying instaed of just sitting there and moaning

I agree that people should try to make the most of things, but the fact is, a lot of people think that our town deserves a lot more than it gets. We've missed out on so much over the years and yet we've had to sit back and watch our neighbouring towns get handed facilities and services left right and centre. The council promise us everything and yet deliver us nothing. Why?

Personally, I can live with having to travel out of town to do shopping and spend my free time, but what about the people who can't for whatever reasons? You said “saying there is nothing to do is rubbish” – well what is there to do for anyone?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now