Bedlington On `a Place In The Sun` !

Cympil

• 1 month later...

Saw mrs vic on friday night in the tavern and she was telling me to come back on here as she hasnt spoken to me for a while. I haven't been back to Bedlington properly for about a year and when I came up the front street i was a bit disappointed in the amount of shops/pubs ect that have been boarded up (although was glad to be back home). I think the council has let it run to rack and ruin and something needs to be done about it, it wasnt that long ago when they were painting everything, putting more bins and seats in to make bedlington look better. how about they start by lowering the rates for shop owners and start money back into helping the community like a decent pool hall (this may attract the teenagers as well as adults) a decent place to take the kids (i.e some kind of play area) and also give the struggling business's a bit of help. I dont understand how they could let it get this bad but thats the council for you. theres plenty of residents in bedlington paying council tax, so where the heck is all this money going???? It is an absolute DISGRACE!!!!

Guest mrsvic
Saw mrs vic on friday night in the tavern and she was telling me to come back on here as she hasnt spoken to me for a while. I haven't been back to Bedlington properly for about a year and when I came up the front street i was a bit disappointed in the amount of shops/pubs ect that have been boarded up (although was glad to be back home). I think the council has let it run to rack and ruin and something needs to be done about it, it wasnt that long ago when they were painting everything, putting more bins and seats in to make bedlington look better. how about they start by lowering the rates for shop owners and start money back into helping the community like a decent pool hall (this may attract the teenagers as well as adults) a decent place to take the kids (i.e some kind of play area) and also give the struggling business's a bit of help. I dont understand how they could let it get this bad but thats the council for you. theres plenty of residents in bedlington paying council tax, so where the heck is all this money going???? It is an absolute DISGRACE!!!!

There's a pool hall plan here!

As for play area... I reckon the new walls are going to be a great place mooch around. Until someone falls off. And sues.

I'm unsure where all the money goes, but reckon that now we're Northumberland, the money will now be going to Morpeth instead of Ashington. :angry:

• 2 months later...

Got it. I'll convert and upload shortly.

You wanna watch, because i was gonna upload it a while back but then i read somewhere that i`d be breaking some law by doing it, something about having permission to do it.. :blink: Can`t remember where i read it like.

You wanna watch, because i was gonna upload it a while back but then i read somewhere that i`d be breaking some law by doing it, something about having permission to do it.. :blink: Can`t remember where i read it like.

Fair use :)

I didn`t know about anything like that? Oh well, get it uploaded then :D

The only videos i`ve got to upload is when Keegan got sacked, St James was packed! Not sure if anyone would be interested in it now like...i might still have a video of when the chimneys at Blyth got blew up if anyones interested? But it might be recorded over now..i`ll have to have a look.

I didn`t know about anything like that? Oh well, get it uploaded then :D

The only videos i`ve got to upload is when Keegan got sacked, St James was packed! Not sure if anyone would be interested in it now like...i might still have a video of when the chimneys at Blyth got blew up if anyones interested? But it might be recorded over now..i`ll have to have a look.

C4 are a wonderful company, who themselves put loyalty to their traditional audience before the petty detail of minor copyright issues - as many ex-pats will attest. ;) Pity though about Big Brother.

I'm sure they will tell us if the posting (for purely academic, critical, and research purposes) of an abstract from their program libeling our community isn't within their understanding of fair usage

Often the "private" recordings of aware parties are the only way the public record is preserved.

http://www.vimeo.com/6213702

Vimeo wins.

Apologies for the borders, my video editing applications are on the other machine so had to use Windows Movie Maker :lol:.

Small correction: Population of Bedlington is approximately 16,400 at last census NOT 10,000.

http://www.vimeo.com/6213702

Vimeo wins.

Apologies for the borders, my video editing applications are on the other machine so had to use Windows Movie Maker :lol:.

Small correction: Population of Bedlington is approximately 16,400 at last census NOT 10,000.

Awful to hear Bedlington as a run down town :(

But i suppose they have a point..unfortunately.

Awful to hear Bedlington as a run down town :(

But i suppose they have a point..unfortunately.

I have to disagree. Generally speaking I wouldn't say the town is run down at all, dejected and neglected? ...maybe.

Yes there are certain parts that need attention but that is true of any town and I've seen a lot worse.

Bedlington's problems are not physical they are psychological.

• 3 months later...

As title says, Bedlington featured on `A Place In The Sun` tonight on the telly! Incase you missed it you can watch the whole episode HERE

If you just want to skip to the Bedlington part just go to 6.30 in on the second half.

Piggly Wiggly`s is on :lol: They don`t seem too impressed like, the woman says `it`s looking a bit run down`. :(

i saw that! i took a picture of it, i thought it was that amazing :L

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now