Bedlington On `a Place In The Sun` !

Cympil

As title says, Bedlington featured on `A Place In The Sun` tonight on the telly! Incase you missed it you can watch the whole episode HERE

If you just want to skip to the Bedlington part just go to 6.30 in on the second half.

Piggly Wiggly`s is on :lol: They don`t seem too impressed like, the woman says `it`s looking a bit run down`. :(

• Like 1

Is anyone else having bother viewing this video on the channel 4 website?

It`s working ok for me..

It`s not a very good impression of Bedlington mind..then again, i suppose they could have picked a better place to film. Fancy sitting facing the boarded up garage :huh:

well theres a come and live in bedlington ad! :lol::lol::lol: could of been worse they could of went to burnside! :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

I think even Burnside is looking tidier than the Front Street at the minute..i wonder how many viewers that programme gets? Let`s hope their leccy dropped when it started :lol:

:lol::lol:

I think even Burnside is looking tidier than the Front Street at the minute..i wonder how many viewers that programme gets? Let`s hope their leccy dropped when it started :lol:

I did manage to see it at a friend's house... can't believe they couldn't even bring themselves to view the rest of the house because they were so gutted with the area. 'Run down' - that's exactly how visitors see our town, a rundown !*!@# hole.

But is it any surprise they felt degraded being brought here considering the first thing you see when the camera comes on is the dingy, grimy, chava ridden top end with everyone looking frigid and sick of their lives - boarded up shops and the odd crisp packet blowing about? That woman looked like she was being abused from having to be here.

It's a desperate place Bedlington; at least that's what it was made out to be on national television.

channel 4's catch up is so !*!@# what ever happen to accessability? don't they read the stats of web browsers? they would realise only 17.5% use vista and you need either vista or mediacentre edition xp to run media player 11! what where they thinking! (not exactly bbc iplayer)

channel 4's catch up is so !*!@# what ever happen to accessability? don't they read the stats of web browsers? they would realise only 17.5% use vista and you need either vista or mediacentre edition xp to run media player 11! what where they thinking! (not exactly bbc iplayer)

I`m using Windows XP Home Edition today and i`m having no problem viewing it?

I`m using Windows XP Home Edition today and i`m having no problem viewing it?

Yeah media player 11 will run on standard XP installs. "Genuine Advantage" validated of course ;)

I agree though Channel 4 definately needs to rethink its player, unfortunately their business model and reliance on traditional advertising revenue prevents them from doing this.

Yeah media player 11 will run on standard XP installs. "Genuine Advantage" validated of course ;)

I agree though Channel 4 definately needs to rethink its player, unfortunately their business model and reliance on traditional advertising revenue prevents them from doing this.

channel 4 is !*!@# anyway :lol: there's never nowt good on it only big b*llicks and other unwatchable pap! :lol:

channel 4 is !*!@# anyway :lol: there's never nowt good on it only big b*llicks and other unwatchable pap! :lol:

Can't say its Channel 4s fault for showing Bedlington in a bad light. Bedlington is a !*!@# hole and the reason for that I put squarely at the councils door. Too much money has gone out of this town and up the road to ashington, they keep taking about Bedlington getting this new market place but its too late....if it'll ever happen at all. And now the new council refuses to guarantee the £500k from the sale of Bedlington golf course will be spent in Bedlington!

All the town needs is a bit of investment, sort out the wasteland near Tescos, convert Elliotts garage and the church hall and the whole place will be looking much better.

Nowt like sucking the life out of a town and watching it die whilst chucking money at a town like ashington!

The sooner Wansbeck council curls up and die the better....the question is though, will Northumberland Council do any better? Hopefully (but very unlikely) a Place in the Sun will make the council sit up and notice, a town with such a proud history deserves better.

Can't say its Channel 4s fault for showing Bedlington in a bad light. Bedlington is a !*!@# hole and the reason for that I put squarely at the councils door. Too much money has gone out of this town and up the road to ashington, they keep taking about Bedlington getting this new market place but its too late....if it'll ever happen at all. And now the new council refuses to guarantee the £500k from the sale of Bedlington golf course will be spent in Bedlington!

All the town needs is a bit of investment, sort out the wasteland near Tescos, convert Elliotts garage and the church hall and the whole place will be looking much better.

Nowt like sucking the life out of a town and watching it die whilst chucking money at a town like ashington!

The sooner Wansbeck council curls up and die the better....the question is though, will Northumberland Council do any better? Hopefully (but very unlikely) a Place in the Sun will make the council sit up and notice, a town with such a proud history deserves better.

Bedlington doesn't exist in the cooncils eyes and never has since the B*&^*&^s moved to A-Shi-Ton Bedlington :angry:

As the wench is from Blyth, she's probably a smack head <_<

It's true Bedlington is a dump :rolleyes:

I agree Pencilneck, it is a dump..it`s a depressing place at the moment. I hope things turn around soon.

You two, my office, now.

There are far worse places to live than Bedlington, try Guidepost, yes i have a nice view of the hills but there is a bus stop and about a million OAP's and on this TV show, the crazy people had a choice to live Bedlington/Cramilington or Florida, who in their right mind would stay in Cramlington if they had a chance to live in Florida?

CRAZY!

There are far worse places to live than Bedlington, try Guidepost, yes i have a nice view of the hills but there is a bus stop and about a million OAP's and on this TV show, the crazy people had a choice to live Bedlington/Cramilington or Florida, who in their right mind would stay in Cramlington if they had a chance to live in Florida?

CRAZY!

Bedlington is OK, it just needs a pool hall.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now