Martial Arts Club Helps Beat Cancer!

Mr Darn

Hats off to ICHIBAN MARTIAL ARTS who took a few hours of their time to organise a sponsered bag pack.

ICHIBAN, Formed in Bedlington a few years ago got together students of all ages and trooped down to ASDA BLYTH during their activity week last wednesday and completed a sponsered bag pack, donating every penny raised to ASDA's cancer fundraising efforts.

ASDA's colleague Ann Herne (i appologise if spelling is wrong, i will check and edit later) unfortunatly fell victim to this terrible diesese a while ago, and since then ASDA and the local community have come out in force, raising now over £2000 for cancer research.

So, If you are passing ASDA sometime soon, and you see the collection buckets out, please donate what you can, and help ASDA, Ichiban and the local community beat Cancer, once and for all.

excellent for a local club to raise money for such a worthy cause, many families are affected by the terrible disease well done ichiban

Yup, i believe ASDA's goal is £5000. be nice if everyone could help them on their way towards it!

saw on lad searching the car park for lost pennies at about 5am the other morning, he came in, proud as punch, declaired he'd found £1.98 worth....

...then promptly went to the wines department and selected a fine bottle of 2006 lambrini.

And i thought he was doing it to help our charity, not his own!!! lol

Oh how such a simple gesture can be mistaken at 5am!

Yup, i believe ASDA's goal is £5000. be nice if everyone could help them on their way towards it!

saw on lad searching the car park for lost pennies at about 5am the other morning, he came in, proud as punch, declaired he'd found £1.98 worth....

...then promptly went to the wines department and selected a fine bottle of 2006 lambrini.

And i thought he was doing it to help our charity, not his own!!! lol

Oh how such a simple gesture can be mistaken at 5am!

The kid wasn't daft.

i know who it was, it was u wasnt it mr darn. ha ha, only joking but if you found any 5p's u know where to take them hahaha :D

Yeah, take them to the Market Tavern, where a cheery smile awaits the thirsty traveller.

thanks denzil but they were taking the mick outta me the other night because i decided it was wise to try and save some money. i got a 1.5L vodka btl and started putting 5ps into it (saving for my 21st at Amsterdam).so of course when I told them all they thought they'd take the **ss and ask everyone who came to the bar for a drink if they had in 5p's that theyw ould donate for me to put into my btl. hence the joke about the 5p's.

How ya keeping anyway Denzil, aint seen ya in the tavern for months. we've got peter donegans band on on fri nite, about 9pm, hes a tribute band to his dad lonnie (my old mans a dustman). would be nice if you lot popped in on your way up to the North or Black Bull!!! :rolleyes:

thanks denzil but they were taking the mick outta me the other night because i decided it was wise to try and save some money. i got a 1.5L vodka btl and started putting 5ps into it (saving for my 21st at Amsterdam).so of course when I told them all they thought they'd take the **ss and ask everyone who came to the bar for a drink if they had in 5p's that theyw ould donate for me to put into my btl. hence the joke about the 5p's.

How ya keeping anyway Denzil, aint seen ya in the tavern for months. we've got peter donegans band on on fri nite, about 9pm, hes a tribute band to his dad lonnie (my old mans a dustman). would be nice if you lot popped in on your way up to the North or Black Bull!!! :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I'll have to pass up on that kind offer!