Discussion on Ccleaner Product Review

Monsta®

Ccleaner is a product i've been using for years now, but first the bad points:

* It comes bundled with the "yahoo" toolbar

* the registry cleaner section is iffy at best and should not be used unless you understand the results, and back-up the registry first!

* it puts a desktop icon, a quick launch icon and 2 entries into your right-click menu of the recycle bin

but, some good points:

* all of the above bad points can be avoided

* Yahoo installation can be unticked during setup

* you can customise what is used with regards icons and right click menus

* you can simply not use the registry feature.

i personally just enable 'check for updates' and 'put ''open ccleaner'' into the recycle bin right click menu'

What this program does, is clean all your unwanted files from your computer that can build up over the years.

What, exactly, it cleans, can be changed via the left hand side menu, ranging from just cleaning out temp files and cookies, to erasing saved passwords and autocomplete info, as well as browser history and other items you wouldn't have even known were building up before.

this program also has a handy tools section, enabling you to uninstall programs that windows sometimes cant, and edit your startup items for a sleaker startup.

i HIGHLY recommend this program for inclusion in your periodical pc maintenance.

You can download ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com

Note, there is a paypal button, but it is free to download and use, using the filehippo link below the paypal buttons.

a direct link is available to the latest download by clicking HERE

Discussions about this review can be found HERE (click here)

what a crock! this program does nothing but fool with your registry and other system files, use at your own risk. beware of registry deletion and to those who use it. can you honestly tell me you know what its doing to your pc? or do you simply hit buttons and wait until its finished (quickly looking at the results page, without fully understanding what it means) and think its a miracle! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

what a crock! this program does nothing but fool with your registry and other system files, use at your own risk. beware of registry deletion and to those who use it. can you honestly tell me you know what its doing to your pc? or do you simply hit buttons and wait until its finished (quickly looking at the results page, without fully understanding what it means) and think its a miracle! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hence why i said not to use the registry section.

The cleaner does a marvelous job tho.

is there anything you actually like?

Hence why i said not to use the registry section.

The cleaner does a marvelous job tho.

is there anything you actually like?

yeah tune up utils 09, kaspersky, ultimate defrag etc etc oh sorry your a skint flint! :lol::lol::lol:

what a crock! this program does nothing but fool with your registry and other system files, use at your own risk. beware of registry deletion and to those who use it. can you honestly tell me you know what its doing to your pc?...

Yes! As much as you can any closed-source code.

It doesn't actually do much directly to the registry. I always used something different to de-fragment and sort that. But generally I do use all the tick boxes.

It's an excellent utility that I've used for over a decade on numerous machines, including those of customers. Never had a single problem that I can recall, and never had to restore one of the backups it creates.

Why do you have to dis people who are making a genuine effort to help people and only asking for some voluntary compensation based directly on the results they achieve? CCleaner comes highly recommended, and would even be worth paying £20 for. One of the real, genuine, legal, bargains out there! Needs to include registry compaction, though I guess they are playing safe, as in the wrong hands..

It's an excellent utility that I've used for over a decade on numerous machines, including those of customers. Never had a single problem that I can recall, and never had to restore one of the backups it creates.

All the times i've used it, and i use it alot, on many different machines, i've only had one problem with it.

Using the registry cleaner, it removed an entry that an Acer laptop needed, and i needed to restore from the backup.

This was fixed in the next update tho, so no problems since.

Trying to explain to someone how to do basic cleanups over the phone when you cant see what they are doing is hard work.

Having ccleaner installed saved ALL that hastle.

Hence why i recommend it! :D

CCleaner comes highly recommended

by who exactly? the creators of the program!

Using the registry cleaner, it removed an entry that an Acer laptop needed, and i needed to restore from the backup.

Hence why i recommend it! :D

so your recommending a program that nacked your laptop! thats smart :huh::D:lol:

by who exactly? the creators of the program!

By just about every computer helpsite on the internet.

People who have made it their business to clean peoples computers of viruses and malware use this program on a daily basis.

#

so your recommending a program that nacked your laptop! thats smart :huh::D:lol:

A previous version of this program did, yes. But it put in place a way of restoring it.

I've had 0 problems with the latest versions.

As for your other statment:

can you honestly tell me you know what its doing to your pc?

You then go on to recommend other programs that do the same thing, but for a fee.

do YOU know what these programs are doing?

Just because you have to pay for a program, that does not automatically make it a better product.

why have you moved the posts? to a section where all posts have to be modded! can you not take the fact that the software is rubbish? :lol:

and reply to your question: yes i do because i run programs that are trustworthy :D

I moved the posts because it became a discussion, where is was supposed to be a review.

I gave a review of a product i use. I take it you don't even use the product, so you have no grounds for comment, as far as i can see.

But, you have an opinion, so the discussion was moved to the correct place for this to take place.

The fact the posts have to be approved is neither here nor there. the only thing that wont be approved is posts from guests that need it. Any posts from a member will be approved, so long as its within the rules, even if i don't agree with it.

Feel free to do your own review.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now