Wheelie Bin Nightmare

What do you think or our councils refuse collections, i find by the end of two weeks my bins are over flowing leading me to fill my bins again with over flowing waste, i have a constant refuse problem, these bins are simply not big enough and not emptied enough, what does everyone else think????

What do you think or our councils refuse collections, i find by the end of two weeks my bins are over flowing leading me to fill my bins again with over flowing waste, i have a constant refuse problem, these bins are simply not big enough and not emptied enough, what does everyone else think????

Well you could just lob it in the street and let the rats have it.. or alternatively try to buy less packaged stuff and throw less away... i suggest the latter.

Well you could just lob it in the street and let the rats have it.. or alternatively try to buy less packaged stuff and throw less away... i suggest the latter.

Believe me i have tried to cut down on my refuse but i still end up with mountains, suppose i could let thee kids make some junk models and get the council to display there works of art :)

Believe me i have tried to cut down on my refuse but i still end up with mountains, suppose i could let thee kids make some junk models and get the council to display there works of art :)

its a problem like . i blame that tony b lair character. In germany they have 4 different bins . one for tin and plastic that is just a big yellow bag . one brown one for food. one blue one for paper . and a black one for the rest. spoilt for choice really. it does take an extra 6 minutes a week to sort like , so no chance of it being adopted over here.

its a problem like . i blame that tony b lair character. In germany they have 4 different bins . one for tin and plastic that is just a big yellow bag . one brown one for food. one blue one for paper . and a black one for the rest. spoilt for choice really. it does take an extra 6 minutes a week to sort like , so no chance of it being adopted over here.

Of course if you want to save the world we could start a petition , maybe bedlington could become the leading recycling town in the UK, all the waste food could power our own giant underearth water heater also it could feed a big herd of cattle and swine, which would in turn could produce finer waste for the methane farms, we could create a giant bio dome out of denzels empties and we could all settle down to watch the match in the happy knowledge that the maccums are definately screwed with that ar*ehole in charge.. o yeah

Of course if you want to save the world we could start a petition , maybe bedlington could become the leading recycling town in the UK, all the waste food could power our own giant underearth water heater also it could feed a big herd of cattle and swine, which would in turn could produce finer waste for the methane farms, we could create a giant bio dome out of denzels empties and we could all settle down to watch the match in the happy knowledge that the maccums are definately screwed with that ar*ehole in charge.. o yeah

gone are the days with households having loads of bins and the bin men coming to take them away, maybe a petition would be good :)

Guest missvic
gone are the days with households having loads of bins and the bin men coming to take them away, maybe a petition would be good :)

the bin-dudes didnt take my rubbish away one day, and after a 2 hour phonecall with WDC I was told it would be 'investigated' (surely it would take less effort to just come and pick me crap up?)... anyway, seething, i called me local lib-dim lady (miriam coatsworth... she seems alreet)... i got a new double-sized green bin within 12 hours!

someone told me that everyones entitled to one if you ask... though if they're going to get chipped, it may be a costly experience?

this i cant believe...

does anyone know te full extent of what can be recycled?

the black bin should be quater full by the time a green bin is filled with recyclable items.

remember, when washed, i believe all tins, bottles (milk, pop, household cleaners, etc.) plastic, paper, card, and many more items can now be recycled, leaving food waste, the contents of 'henry' (the hoover) and maybe something else for the black bin.

can anyone elaborate on these lists? as i believe many people just dont know!

remember, all clothing, glass and paper can also be taken to your local recycling center... a great day out for you, and the kids! :D

this i cant believe...

the black bin should be quater full by the time a green bin is filled with recyclable items.

remember, when washed, i believe all tins, bottles (milk, pop, household cleaners, etc.) plastic, paper, card, and many more items can now be recycled, leaving food waste, the contents of 'henry' (the hoover) and maybe something else for the black bin.

remember, all clothing, glass and paper can also be taken to your local recycling center... a great day out for you, and the kids! :D

in a nutshell, Bigger Green Bins please Mr Prime Minister!!!!

And more collections from home for those incapable (or just too bliddy lazy) of going to recycling points!

(Maybe a Phone and Collect service?????)

this i cant believe...

in a nutshell, Bigger Green Bins please Mr Prime Minister!!!!

And more collections from home for those incapable (or just too bliddy lazy) of going to recycling points!

(Maybe a Phone and Collect service?????)

oi you shhhhh! you know when i moved into this house that the bins were here when i viewed it but when i moved in they had been removed, the council want me to buy bins but with what buttons, have you seen the price of the bins to buy???

oi you shhhhh! you know when i moved into this house that the bins were here when i viewed it but when i moved in they had been removed, the council want me to buy bins but with what buttons, have you seen the price of the bins to buy???

Well, if that so called boyfriend of yours stopped buying so much alcohol each week maybe he could lend you it! tight ****!

Hold on a minute.....

DOH!!!

(/me looks for 'delete post' button!)

Been to the tip 2 many times this summer not because we don't recycle but when bags of cat litter and their associated cack have been lying there for over a week in the blistering heat then they have a tendency to attract flys and maggots and maggoty flys!

You would'nt believe how much waste your average barbeques produces too..

And don't mention if you were to give the cupboards and draws a 'birthday.'

Not regular enough collections full stop. I pity those with a family! (Just cos of the rubbish thing, divent get us wrang!)

Been to the tip 2 many times this summer not because we don't recycle but when bags of cat litter and their associated cack have been lying there for over a week in the blistering heat then they have a tendency to attract flys and maggots and maggoty flys!

Not regular enough collections full stop. I pity those with a family! (Just cos of the rubbish thing, divent get us wrang!)

lol yeah, me and my two kids can produce two black bins full a fortnight, today i went out and told them they had to take excess waste away :) lucky for me they did!

Guest missvic

the problem gets worse when you forget to put your bin out. a regular occurance. 4 weeks of rubbish. ugh.

is there any chance someone could put up a reminder on here every monday night?!

Hoy the little sod in a bag, tie it up and throw it in the river. Bye-bye cat litter brouhaha.