Supercars

here look an offical list of supercars look here and swalnalla ya heaps not on it! :lol:

Hang on, this lost sort of stuffs your argument a bit - look:

Alfa 147GTA

AC Cobra 427

Audi TT (!)

BMW 125i, M3, and M5 - (er, you said....)

BMW 2002 Turbo (i'm only on 'B' for christs sake....)

Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300 - who are they kidding?

Caterham 7??

This is a cracker - DeLorean DMC12!!!!!!!!!!

Honda S2000?

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8?

Is this serious?

Lotus Elise?

Look, i'll stop there; we need some clarification as to what a supercar is; I take on board your expectations of teh exotic entirely, but a Jeep? A Cadillac CTS? The Audi TT?

What's official about this list?

We need an independent arbitrator to clarify the word 'supercar'......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, this lost sort of stuffs your argument a bit - look:

Alfa 147GTA

AC Cobra 427

Audi TT (!)

BMW 125i, M3, and M5 - (er, you said....)

BMW 2002 Turbo (i'm only on 'B' for christs sake....)

Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300 - who are they kidding?

Caterham 7??

This is a cracker - DeLorean DMC12!!!!!!!!!!

Honda S2000?

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8?

Is this serious?

Lotus Elise?

Look, i'll stop there; we need some clarification as to what a supercar is; I take on board your expectations of teh exotic entirely, but a Jeep? A Cadillac CTS? The Audi TT?

What's official about this list?

We need an independent arbitrator to clarify the word 'supercar'......

ok i agree with you only not mr darn! :lol:

Probably because your 'definitive' list is mostly post '70s machines. :rolleyes:moped_mazeguy.gif

Any car built in the Zagato, Bertone or Pininfarina workshops has to be considered superior.

what theres loads of pre 70's cars on the list and most supercars where built after the 60's because engineering came out of the dark ages with new materials such as carbon fibre etc insted of wood and stone! :lol::lol: and they got engines instead of foot power! :lol::lol:

flintstone%20car.jpg

brum brum swalnalla!

oh and stop trying to hype up your banger its not a supercar!

1. its an alfa (made buy stinking italians)

2. its top speed is 120mph (not superfast me toyota starlet would beat it)

3. its not exotic supercar car money. :D :D :D

4. it looks like a old farts car! :lol::lol: (a jag e type know theres a vintage supercar)

Any car built in the Zagato, Bertone or Pininfarina workshops has to be considered superior.

Not sure i can concur with that comment; Zagato, in particular, produced some absolutely hideous machines and have runied numerous very beautiful Alfa's/Lancia's by deliberately applying 'controversial' design touches. Furthermore, Italian steel throughout the 60's, 70's and 80's was notoriously thin and prone to rusting, leading to a great number of apparently 'quality' coachbuilt cars simply crimbling away without encouragement.

I note, on the other hand, that Monsta still insists on referring to 'supercar money'; I thought we'd agreed that, simply because a Noble M12 is now available for less than 20 grand, it does not suddenly mean it's no longer a supercar....

i italians are b*llicks at everything even there food is b*llicks!

Philistine! That rules out Ferrari, maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, not to mention Pagani....plus lasagne!

• 5 months later...

As Jezza would point out... look at the bomber-jacket, chino and bluetooth headset ardorned potential buyer in the frame... buy that car and you'll be one of them :o

Supercars, another thing those italians seem to do rather well.

All that credit crunching must be taking it's toll on the italian car industry though, Berlusconi's even getting his favourite cabinet ministers in on the act promoting this new model :D...

http://vimeo.com/2409386

It defines ugly.

what exactly is your point apart from thinking you know everything about everything! you still haven't supplied your idea of a supercar even though you have rattled on about being this know it all about supercars blah blah b.o.l.l.icks.

unless you can supply a super car shut the **** up!

what exactly is your point

My point was, I thought, very clear indeed, for it included only three words: if you miss the point when someone writes of something 'it defines ugly' then there is something wrong; by way of explanation, my point is that hideous German car - even the name Gumpert is ugly - is, yes, you guessed - ugly. It's a supercar alright, but it's undeniably not very pretty.

You want me to give you a supercar? try that new Aston - what do they call it, One 77 or something? - for a modern take on the genre, and the Lamborghini Miura for the original supercar, and perhaps the most beautiful car of all time. Don't worry, if you think they're ugly, i'll get your point.

Edited by mercuryg

My point was, I thought, very clear indeed, for it included only three words: if you miss the point when someone writes of something 'it defines ugly' then there is something wrong; by way of explanation, my point is that hideous German car - even the name Gumpert is ugly - is, yes, you guessed - ugly. It's a supercar alright, but it's undeniably not very pretty.

You want me to give you a supercar? try that new Aston - what do they call it, One 77 or something? - for a modern take on the genre, and the Lamborghini Miura for the original supercar, and perhaps the most beautiful car of all time. Don't worry, if you think they're ugly, i'll get your point.

:lol: and you call my car ugly!!! aston martin one-77 just sucks and the lambo miura that looks like it was designed by homer simpson! U2148P2DT20080626081320%281%29.jpg

Monsta,

Not only are your taste buds sub par but you do not know beauty when you see it. The Gumpert is called a Gumpert because Gumpert is German for 'This is a hideous artefact'; Miura, on the other hand, is Italian for sheer beauty. There ahs been nothing to surpass its sheer perfection since, and little before; are you, perhaps, mistaking it for teh Countach which does, in fact, look to have been cobbled together by a blind man.

Edited by mercuryg

Monsta,

Not only are your taste buds sub par but you do not know beauty when you see it. The Gumpert is called a Gumpert because Gumpert is German for 'This is a hideous artefact'; Miura, on the other hand, is Italian for sheer beauty. There ahs been nothing to surpass its sheer perfection since, and little before; are you, perhaps, mistaking it for teh Countach which does, in fact, look to have been cobbled together by a blind man.

Actually it was named after a spanish ranch! with a herd of angry bulls who would attack you if you looked at them the wrong way! so its got nowt to do with beauty.

Lamborghini_Miura_P400SV.jpg

The Green snot rides agian! those head lights reminds me of something! something ugly!

oh and gumpert means nothing its just someones second name Roland Gumpert, former Director of Audi Sport

Edited by Monsta®

Actually it was named after a spanish ranch! with a herd of angry bulls who would attack you if you looked at them the wrong way! so its got nowt to do with beauty.

Lamborghini_Miura_P400SV.jpg

The Green snot rides agian! those head lights reminds me of something! something ugly!

oh and gumpert means nothing its just someones second name Roland Gumpert, former Director of Audi Sport

You really need a sense of humour, Monsta, or do I have to identify sarcasm with little smileys and such?

For the record, your assertion that Miura is named after 'a Spanish ranch' is a clear indication of reliance on Wikipedia, whose reference page compounds what is, in fact, a myth. Ferrucio Lamborghini always refuted the claim that Miura referred to anything to do with bulls, and it came about largely down to the link with the Lambo badge (a bull!). He indicated it was something to do with a district of Japan, for some reason or another.

Still beautiful, though. Unlike the Gumpert!

You really need a sense of humour, Monsta, or do I have to identify sarcasm with little smileys and such?

For the record, your assertion that Miura is named after 'a Spanish ranch' is a clear indication of reliance on Wikipedia, whose reference page compounds what is, in fact, a myth. Ferrucio Lamborghini always refuted the claim that Miura referred to anything to do with bulls, and it came about largely down to the link with the Lambo badge (a bull!). He indicated it was something to do with a district of Japan, for some reason or another.

Still beautiful, though. Unlike the Gumpert!

here's a Link you might find useful Mercury-g

here's a Link you might find useful Mercury-g

Thanks, mate, but I use Glasses Direct and their magnificent and amazingly affordable products products allow me to distinguish beauty from the beast! Seriously, I never denied the Gumpert is, emphatically, a supercar, but surely you don't think it's easy on the eye? Maybe you prefer the more aggressive look to a supercar, although I'm sure you earlier referenced the very beautiful Spyker. If I were paying the price of teh Gumpert, i'd want something that was at least attractive, rather than just startling, wouldn't you?

• 2 weeks later...

what exactly is your point apart from thinking you know everything about everything! you still haven't supplied your idea of a supercar even though you have rattled on about being this know it all about supercars blah blah b.o.l.l.icks.

unless you can supply a super car shut the **** up!

I imagine that

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now