Supercars

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting; I drove a C8 at a press launch a couple of years back of the Spyker F1 team. Was rather nice, very luxurious, and made a great noise. Wouldn't mind one!

I'm a man of simple tastes.

Should i win a substantial ammount, i'll be getting an Audi:

audi.jpg

This one is the one that featured in Iron Man. Its what i like, so there!

would that be classed as a supercar? or a sports car such as the skyline etc?

Probably, but it would do me.

That is the R8, yes? If so, it is far from being the staple of men of 'simple' tastes such as Mr Darn; indeed, Andrew Frankel, perhaps the finest writer in the automotive world, describes it as ' the best supercar for under £100k....'

I suspect Mr Darn needs to begin saving.......(oh, and go for the V10 version).

I suspect Mr Darn needs to begin saving.......(oh, and go for the V10 version).

I'd have to rip off a fair few people on That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds to afford that!

Here's to a lucky quid on the lottery! :rolleyes:

I'm a man of simple tastes.

Should i win a substantial ammount, i'll be getting an Audi:

audi.jpg

This one is the one that featured in Iron Man. Its what i like, so there!

mr darn

would it only end up around a lamp post in bed stn lol :D:D:D

mr darn

would it only end up around a lamp post in bed stn lol :D:D:D

Next to the terrier Splodgie! If your gonna get clever, get the facts right! :D :D :D

And yeah, probably!, can you believe its been over a year now?

This is what happened to my latest 'supercar' (arf arf!)

DSC00119.jpg

Now, get with the program! whats your idea of the greatest supercar???

Next to the terrier Splodgie! If your gonna get clever, get the facts right! :D :D :D

And yeah, probably!, can you believe its been over a year now?

This is what happened to my latest 'supercar' (arf arf!)

Picture Removed

Now, get with the program! whats your idea of the greatest supercar???

ROBIN RELIANT :P:P:P:o

Current prices range from £16k-£20k, some banger. I don't thinnk you have a clue what it is. :D

16k isn't really supercar money! you can buy a mondeo for that and there definitly not supercars! :lol:

Ford%20Mondeo%20sedan.jpg

mmm sporty not! :lol::lol::lol:

Since when was a supercar defined by its cost? twenty grand would buy you a nice 911 3.3 Turbo, for instance, or a Honda NSX, one of the most technologically advanced supercars ever built. Indeed, that Noble you picture - you can get it's predecessor, the M12, a supercar (with a Mondeo engine, as it happens) that will take you to 60 in under four seconds, for less than 20 grand. What about the latter generation V8 lotus Esprit, 175mph worth of supercar madness, or the supercar bargain of the moment, the Alpine A610?

really, unless your supercar has to be new, it doesn't hve to cost the earth. My brother has a collection of the things, a couple of Ferrari's, a Porsche, a very, very fast AMG Mercedes, and none of them cost him buckets! get with the picture, get real!

Me, i'm looking for a Lotus Excel, in good nick, and have three grand to spare.....anyone know of one, let me know.

Er, no, i'm saying a supercar is NOT defined by it's cost, not vice versa. I listed, for your perusal, a whole bunch of supercars that can be bought for less than 20 grand, some for less than ten.

What, then, is your 'definition' of a supercar? Do you see a price level at which an automobile falls into that bracket, or is there a performance criterion involved? I'm intrigued, as you already questioned the Audi R8's credentials (let alone those of the 200mph Nissan Skyline!)

There must be something that you see as defining the role of 'supercar', yes? For me, it's performance, not price.

For instance, had the Alpine A610 (you know what one is, yes?) been on themarket, fresh, today, it would undoubtedly have listed at over £50,000 - that;s heavy money by my standards! - and provided performance levels to put it very firmly in teh supercar bracket; because you can get one, now, for as little as five gran does not mean it goes slower....

aye but you can have a bmw m3 / m5 thats quick and performs excellently but it aint a supercar!

Why not? It has a race developed engine and suspension system, is of the highest quality and, as you say, is bloddy fast!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now