Xbox 360 Vs Ps3

rachael

If Sony added the ability to play games on their PS3 Blu-ray player then it might be a serious competition for the XB360.

As it stands the 360 is by far the best games console.

p.s. I have both but regret buying the PS3!!

eh! :blink: you can play games on a ps3 that's the whole point! are ye mad or what! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

eh! :blink: you can play games on a ps3 that's the whole point! are ye mad or what! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i think he means that it would be better if the ps3 games were blue ray instead of using the blue ray player just for movies as the games are DVD9/dual layer

i think he means that it would be better if the ps3 games were blue ray instead of using the blue ray player just for movies as the games are DVD9/dual layer

so are xbox360 games there not hd either! so there equal in that respect shame the build quality is shoddy on the xbox! as you never get three red rings on a ps3!

I recognise the name `Jet-Set Willy` but i can`t say i remember the game..must have been a while ago?

Yeah 1984... Waay back, anyone remember Dungeon master for the 16 bit systems., that and eye of the Beholder, Virus ?.. Ive been playing killzone 2 on the PS3 recently and although it took a while to get used to its now my fav online FPS, its addictive and much more satisfying than COD4/5.

Other game im looking forward to is Dragon age, the people who made baldurs gate are makin it.. I played Baldurs gate till the finish and that was an epic game you could loose yourself in, hopefully this will be as good,

• 2 weeks later...

What I meant was (and a little sarcastically) was that there are no decent games on the PS3. Sony concentrated on making a Blu-ray player rather than a games console.

And why is it that people think the 360 doesn't play games in HD?? Both 360 and PS3 can play games in 1080p.

The 360 actually has better graphics than the PS3 as it has a better graphics processor, more RAM and can anti-alias in full screen in hardware. Compare multi-format games side by side.

What I meant was (and a little sarcastically) was that there are no decent games on the PS3. Sony concentrated on making a Blu-ray player rather than a games console.

And why is it that people think the 360 doesn't play games in HD?? Both 360 and PS3 can play games in 1080p.

The 360 actually has better graphics than the PS3 as it has a better graphics processor, more RAM and can anti-alias in full screen in hardware. Compare multi-format games side by side.

there are few decent games for any games console so you cant pin that on sony as xbox sucks to!

i think your getting confused! theres a difference between hd connection to a tv and the HD discs the xbox 360 was suppost to use. you can buy a separate hd player for what good it will do as hd is a bit like beta max video tapes! and the dodo.

as for the hardware specs thats debatable! yes the xbox has more memory but the ps3 has faster memory etc etc plus the cpu in a ps3 is far the superior.

• 6 months later...

PS3 PWNS Xbox's ass. Fair enough, there are less games, but nothing beats its 8 core processor. Graphics are far more superiour than 360, my ps3 owns my mates 360 in Fallout 3 when put through the same tv. PS3 is a true home entertainment system; movie downloads, game downloads, free online play, ability to install linux, ability to install any laptop hard drive, wireless network card as standard, Wireless media server, free blu-ray player. lets compare that with 360:

movie downloads - yes, through sky player, but you have to be a sky customer

game downloads - yes

free online play - nope, u all have to pay

ability to install linux - nope, its a closed system

ability to install any laptop hard drive - Nope, you have to buy a 360 HDD

wireless network card as standard - nope you have to buy an adapter

Wireless media server - in a way, yes, but its a nightmare to set up

free blu-ray player - nope, your stuck with DVD's, unless you want to (heres that word again!) PAY for a HD-DVD player... which is as dead as a Dodo (as Monsta so kindly mentioned earlier)

As reply to a previous comment, all PS3 games are on Blu-Ray (as stated on disk), therefore 80GB to play with. 360 uses regular dual layer DVD's allowing for... erm... oh yeh... 8GB... less detail for those games!

my 2 best friends have a 360, both of them have had a replacement... red ring of death or some other error... and now lets talk about the failure rates for the consoles... I read in a magazine that the 360 has a 40% failure rate, whereas the PS3 has a 0.25% failure rate. damn, that sounds like bad news for all those paying for a 360! Im so happy that i paid an extra £200 so i got the superiour console... i have not had one, repeat, not one problem with my PS3... (**touches wood**)

Then brining factors incuding the noise produced (i can sleep with my PS3 powered up right next to my head). Games are more expensive to keep online gaming free, that little bit extra you spend goes towards the upkeep and managment of the servers in which we play on. not towards a company like M$ who will do everything to con you out of all the money you have.

be smart, get the better console.

Toby

Edited by Toby1996

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now