Jade Goody

Cympil

The BB house asked her permission to broadcast the incident. She chose to say yes. She chose to go back in the house and tell everyone live on Tv, she could have just made a quiet exit...not like anyone was watching it.

It's horrible for her but it pees me off how much publicity these things get it's like 'brave Kylie' just cos they are celebs people think they must be so much braver than the average cancer sufferer. Sorry but I reckon my Grandad is the bravest sufferer I've ever heard of. He's had a tube sticking out of his neck for 12 years!

Ps I missed most of the horrible jokes/news stories as I was in France. Thank heavens for small mercies.

without the publicity we'd be ignorrant to a lot of things though the money she gets means her kids are fine money wise but that don't explain mammy not being there...... bless

I haven`t a clue if she had smears done. The fact she was in hospital so many times and all the scans and tests should have showed the cancer.

I suppose even if there is grounds for medical negligence, there`s always a way around it anyway. Doctors tend to cover each others backs and lie through their teeth if they have to.

The scans and tests wouldn't necessarily show up cervical cancer - the 'gold standard' in detecting cervical cancer cells is to have regular smears. I was just wondering whether Jade might have defaulted from the smear programme (it happens all too often, believe me) given her hectic work/social life in which case any negligence would be her own.

If there is any medical negligence then it should be plainly clear in her medical records (as would any collusion between the medical profession)

The scans and tests wouldn't necessarily show up cervical cancer - the 'gold standard' in detecting cervical cancer cells is to have regular smears. I was just wondering whether Jade might have defaulted from the smear programme (it happens all too often, believe me) given her hectic work/social life in which case any negligence would be her own.

If there is any medical negligence then it should be plainly clear in her medical records (as would any collusion between the medical profession)

I would have thought that the size of the tumour would be hard to miss? Plus the fact of all the other symptoms she had.

Any negligence SHOULD be in her records, but nowadays, with all the records being computerised, bits are easily changed/deleted or added to as necessary. It does happen.

Anyway, time will tell. If there was negligence, i hope it is investigated.

I would have thought that the size of the tumour would be hard to miss? Plus the fact of all the other symptoms she had.

Any negligence SHOULD be in her records, but nowadays, with all the records being computerised, bits are easily changed/deleted or added to as necessary. It does happen.

Anyway, time will tell. If there was negligence, i hope it is investigated.

I hope any investigations are promptly carried out as well Cympil.

This seems to be a really sad situation. However, I think it would be fair to acknowledge that this is a complex case involving information that the general public are not privvy to. Jade has had plenty to say and is freely allowed to give her side of the story. The medical profession are not and are bound by confidentiality clauses.

ok before i go any futher i would like to say that it is horrible that she has terminal cancer BUT ...

I think it is too public, i know a person in the same position and they get absolutely nothing, they too have two small children, i think that it is wrong that his tag has been relaxed, would the government do this for someone less in the public eye???

the person you know will be entitled to a payment (weekly) if they are terminally ill with cancer.

I hope any investigations are promptly carried out as well Cympil.

This seems to be a really sad situation. However, I think it would be fair to acknowledge that this is a complex case involving information that the general public are not privvy to. Jade has had plenty to say and is freely allowed to give her side of the story. The medical profession are not and are bound by confidentiality clauses.

The medical profession? Theres more cover ups than a political party! I can see them all now destroying notes, falsifying documents,back scratching and !*!@# licking.but there is one thing: because of who she is and her public standing they should be worried very worried,well would you want her mother breathing down your neck!!

Guest SeanC

Personally I have no time for Jade Goody and very little interest in her affairs. I basically despise everything she stands for and represents. She is a talentless individual who has not earned the right to be called a celebrity or anything near a celebrity. I can not believe she is profiting from this very sad and unfortunate illness. In my mind it just shows the depths some will go to to make more than a few bob. I mean is she really doing this to raise awareness? Or is she doing this to fill her own pockets? I think the answer is blatantly obvious from what I've seen on the news or whatever. From what I've seen, and it's not a great deal, she seems to be doing this for her own personal gain. I have to admit I tend to switch off the instant here her name and/or flip the page of anything I may be reading where her mug shot appears and I only find out snip ids from headlines (of which I still can not believe she is in!); so I may well be wrong here: but if she really wanted to raise awareness and had a mere smidgen of scruples, she would direct a fair percentage of the vast sums she is earning to those that help cancer suffers and research, and to those who's job it is to promote awareness of the illness. In regards to the children - I would hazard a guess there will already be a substantial amount of money in the coffers from previous earnings, not to mention insurance payments linked to funds for the children as they grow up. She has any number of advisers around her (after all she only has the country's most prominent public relations guy working for her, so what's to say she doesn't have any number of accountants, managers, investors, etc. looking after her interests - of course she does). I personally can not see those kids reaching the depths of poverty we see in our daily lives when noticing the estate she lives on, on the day the news portrayed her moment of disillusionment & madness. Which incidentally I think is in bad taste where the news is concerned and should of never been filmed never mind shown - i mean who wants to see that? The woman is going through a difficult time with a very serious illness so why exploit it and why is she exploiting herself . So again this comes back to the reasons Jade is doing this and in my opinion it is all in bad taste, and has less to do with promoting the illness and bringing awareness - it's much more about the dosh going into her pocket! No doubt if I'm wrong here you people will correct me.

Personally I have no time for Jade Goody and very little interest in her affairs. I basically despise everything she stands for and represents. She is a talentless individual who has not earned the right to be called a celebrity or anything near a celebrity. I can not believe she is profiting from this very sad and unfortunate illness. In my mind it just shows the depths some will go to to make more than a few bob. I mean is she really doing this to raise awareness? Or is she doing this to fill her own pockets? I think the answer is blatantly obvious from what I've seen on the news or whatever. From what I've seen, and it's not a great deal, she seems to be doing this for her own personal gain. I have to admit I tend to switch off the instant here her name and/or flip the page of anything I may be reading where her mug shot appears and I only find out snip ids from headlines (of which I still can not believe she is in!); so I may well be wrong here: but if she really wanted to raise awareness and had a mere smidgen of scruples, she would directed a fair percentage of the vast sums she is earning to those that help cancer suffers and research, and to those who's job it is to promote awareness of the illness. In regards to the children - I would hazard a guess there will already be a substantial amount of money in the coffers from previous earnings, noticing the estate she lives on, when the news portrayed moment of disillusionment madness. Which incidentally i think is in bad taste where the news is concerned - i mean who wants to see that? The woman is going through a difficult time with the illness so why exploit it. So again this comes back to the reasons Jade is doing this and in my opinion it is all in bad taste, and has less to do with promoting the illness and bringing awareness - it's much more about the dosh going into her pocket! No doubt if i'm wrong here you people will correct me.

I can not believe she is profiting from this very sad and unfortunate illness. In my mind it just shows the depths some will go to to make more than a few bob. I mean is she really doing this to raise awareness? Or is she doing this to fill her own pockets?

She isn`t doing anything to fill her own pockets. Any money she is making is in a Trust Fund for her kids. She wants them to have a good education as she didn`t have one herself. That money is to safe-guard her kids future, as she won`t be here to look out for them.

She`s also raising awareness so that other women won`t have to go through what she`s going through.

if she really wanted to raise awareness and had a mere smidgen of scruples, she would directed a fair percentage of the vast sums she is earning to those that help cancer suffers and research, and to those who's job it is to promote awareness of the illness.

She is donating money. How much i don`t know, but i know The Royal Marsden Hospital has recieved the fees that her friends got for appearing on `This Morning` and shes been giving to some cancer charities.

In regards to the children - I would hazard a guess there will already be a substantial amount of money in the coffers from previous earnings

After her stint in Celeb Big Brother when all that Shilpa Shetty stuff happened, her earnings stopped. No-one would have anything to do with her. Money dried up.

So again this comes back to the reasons Jade is doing this and in my opinion it is all in bad taste, and has less to do with promoting the illness and bringing awareness - it's much more about the dosh going into her pocket!

The money wouldn`t be much good in her pocket. Unless she was planning to take it with her?

People die all the time... even people who were on the telly.. which is , as far as i know, why this thread is on here. I dont know her and therefore I care about her as much as I do the hundreds of other folk who pegged it as i wrote this.. that is to say ...not at all

And if your honest with yourself, you dont really care either.

Its just a reaction to the fear of your own mortality, that someone you " think " you know off the telly ( you've never met ) is going to snuff it soon, and it might happen to you some day.

Well.. it will .. I promise.

And only the people who really knew you will care. But they wont being buying papers with your last dying grimaces all over them.

As they'd hopefully say that its in bad taste.

Guest MONGO
People die all the time... even people who were on the telly.. which is , as far as i know, why this thread is on here. I dont know her and therefore I care about her as much as I do the hundreds of other folk who pegged it as i wrote this.. that is to say ...not at all

Its just a reaction to the fear of your own mortality, that someone you " think " you know off the telly ( you've never met ) is going to snuff it soon, and it might happen to you some day.

And only the people who really knew you will care. But they wont being buying papers with your last dying grimaces all over them.

i agree with you on this one

I didn`t start the thread because `someone off the telly` is dying. Whether she is on the telly is neither here nor there, what she does as a job is pointless in this. The point was/is, someone is dying when she really shouldn`t be. She has an illness that could have been prevented. No doubt there`s thousands of others that this has happened to, but since they`re not `on the telly` we don`t hear about it.

Of course i don`t know Jade, and my reaction has absolutely nothing to do with me thinking i do know her. or my own fears of mortality. I`m well aware that we`re all going to die, personally i don`t fear it, i just hope it doesn`t come too soon. ..again, back to the reason for the thread, it`s came soon for her when it didn`t have to be like that.

If i was in her position (meaning in the media) i`d probably do the same thing. Because as that is her `job` so to speak, she`s able to make sure her kids are going to be ok when she`s gone. She`s basically `working from her death bed` I fail to see why that is bad taste?

In my opinion, the folk that`s watching her every grimace then saying `it`s bad taste`, they`re the ones that are feared of their own mortality`

If i had a way to make sure i left my family financially secure after i leave, i'd do it too.

The added bonus of raising awareness for cancer sufferers is simply that... a bonus!

I for one, never realised how bad it gets, or how fast it comes. Now i have a sniff of it.

Good on you Jade.

Yes I can understand that but people in this situation often dont realise what they are entitled to.

I believe mcmillan nurses are in everyday, im sure they will have informed her of her entitlements, sad this disease has not found a cure yet, i donate to cancer research and the british heart foundation on a regular basis

I wish she's just get on with it and put us all, and herself, out of misery. What might be a so called tragedy for her immediate family should remain just that ... private and not an obscene grab for cash. Of course, it could all be a con; once all the loot's been gathered in a quick trip to Lourdes for a miracle cure. Aye, Max Clifford's dabs are all over this one!

I wish she's just get on with it and put us all, and herself, out of misery. What might be a so called tragedy for her immediate family should remain just that ... private and not an obscene grab for cash. Of course, it could all be a con; once all the loot's been gathered in a quick trip to Lourdes for a miracle cure. Aye, Max Clifford's dabs are all over this one!

Either way he still gets his 40%.... cha ching!

• 2 weeks later...

she gave us a laugh with her non entities,she wasn't afraid of making a fool of herself,her heart was in the right place.Please now let her rest in peace!

Now wait for the scum(press)to jump on Jack Tweed and her mother!I just hope they leave her kids alone.

Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice ... no more wasting valuable space on the evening news. I made a crack down at the pub saying that if Tony Blair had still been Prime Minister he would have stood before the cameras and talked about "The People's Princess" ... another one. Well, what happens next? Gordon Brown appears before the cameras and ....

Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice ... no more wasting valuable space on the evening news. I made a crack down at the pub saying that if Tony Blair had still been Prime Minister he would have stood before the cameras and talked about "The People's Princess" ... another one. Well, what happens next? Gordon Brown appears before the cameras and ....

i wonder if people will rejoice if you get cancer and cry in pain for months on end?

Doubt it

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now