Jade Goody

Cympil

What does everyone think of this? She has only a few weeks, maybe a couple of months to live if she`s lucky :(

Doctors missed her cancer for nigh on 4 years..

So, has anyone any views on this? Whether it be `i can`t stand her` or `poor Jade`..

I personally think she should sue the medical profession for failing to find this curable cancer. Not that she`ll have time to do it..but i hope she leaves instructions to her loved ones to follow it through.

What does everyone think of this? She has only a few weeks, maybe a couple of months to live if she`s lucky :(

So, has anyone any views on this? Whether it be `i can`t stand her` or `poor Jade`..

I personally think she should sue the medical profession for failing to find this curable cancer. Not that she`ll have time to do it..but i hope she leaves instructions to her loved ones to follow it through.

ok before i go any futher i would like to say that it is horrible that she has terminal cancer BUT ...

I think it is too public, i know a person in the same position and they get absolutely nothing, they too have two small children, i think that it is wrong that his tag has been relaxed, would the government do this for someone less in the public eye???

ok before i go any futher i would like to say that it is horrible that she has terminal cancer BUT ...

I think it is too public, i know a person in the same position and they get absolutely nothing, they too have two small children, i think that it is wrong that his tag has been relaxed, would the government do this for someone less in the public eye???

It would be public, she`s a celeb..is your friend terminal? If she was she`d be getting help from Macmillan nurses..they do grants and other stuff.

If you had terminal cancer and your lad had a tag, would you not think it was in-human that he couldn`t be with you on your wedding night?

If you had terminal cancer and your lad had a tag, would you not think it was in-human that he couldn`t be with you on your wedding night?

I personally think, if the lads done something to deserve the tag, then he deserves all he gets.

what next? lets release their curfew because the shops are open 24hrs and he needs milk?

he's done wrong, and he's paying the price for that. if she's choosing a criminal to be with, she should put up with the restrictions, its all part of 'him', cancer or not.

why cant she just go to his place of curfew for the night?

On a personal note for Jade tho, i feel sorry for her. After all, she hardly had a choice about whether it was public... she was told in the big brother house, who then broadcast it to millions!

It would be public, she`s a celeb..is your friend terminal? If she was she`d be getting help from Macmillan nurses..they do grants and other stuff.

Yes my friend is terminal she was told she has two months to two years ... that was two years ago, cancer is a very horrible disease i have lost many loved ones to it.

Yes i think it would be harsh that my husband couldnt be with me but my question was were it someone that was not famous would the tag be relaxed ... personally i think no it wouldnt but would i want it to be or would i allow it to be then yes damn right i would, she is terminal and should be allowed to live the rest of her days with no unhappiness at all, the world is very cruel and unfair.

I personally think, if the lads done something to deserve the tag, then he deserves all he gets.

what next? lets release their curfew because the shops are open 24hrs and he needs milk?

he's done wrong, and he's paying the price for that. if she's choosing a criminal to be with, she should put up with the restrictions, its all part of 'him', cancer or not.

why cant she just go to his place of curfew for the night?

On a personal note for Jade tho, i feel sorry for her. After all, she hardly had a choice about whether it was public... she was told in the big brother house, who then broadcast it to millions!

He does deserve a tag, that`s why he`s got one! and in a normal situation no doubt she would `put up with him`..but we aren`t on about normal situations are we?

And she obviously can`t go to his place coz they haven`t got drips of morphine and a resuss team standing by!

He does deserve a tag, that`s why he`s got one! and in a normal situation no doubt she would `put up with him`..but we aren`t on about normal situations are we?

And she obviously can`t go to his place coz they haven`t got drips of morphine and a resuss team standing by!

yeah its not a simple case but i think there is going to be a lot more cases going to court because of this one tag being eased

yeah its not a simple case but i think there is going to be a lot more cases going to court because of this one tag being eased

Never mind court for tags being eased..more important that cancer has been missed for nigh on 4 years i would think. This is someones life we`re on about here, not a plastic tag!

It sounds awful, and i know a few that are affected by this, but i stand by it.

he's done wrong, and he should be made to serve his sentance.

Thats the whole point of it being a deterrent. It should not be relaxed. Would you release a prisoner to spend the night? i think not!

i sympathise, but if it had been me, i wouldnt have even asked! but thats me.

Thats the whole point of it being a deterrent. It should not be relaxed. Would you release a prisoner to spend the night? i think not!

I agree the question should not even have been asked a lot of people are going to be unhappy, it would be like giving a drink driver the keys of there car back after a week of ban .... wrong

In this situation i would release a prisoner for one night..without doubt. He`d still be tagged, and he isn`t likely to abscond in the circumstances.

In this situaation i would release a prisoner for one night..without doubt. He`d still be tagged, and he isn`t likely to abscond in the circumstances.

But where do you draw the line on this one Cympil?

My question still sticks would the tag have been relaxed if he/she was a general member of the public.

In this situation i would release a prisoner for one night..without doubt. He`d still be tagged, and he isn`t likely to abscond in the circumstances.

I disagree, should he re-offend, i would be highly annoyed.

He's locked up for a reason, and should stay till his times done.

I disagree, should he re-offend, i would be highly annoyed.

He's locked up for a reason, and should stay till his times done.

He was tagged in the first place because he was a low risk to society..they don`t release murderers from prison with a tag. What is he likely to do do you think? Why wouldn`t they let him out for one night? It`s not like they`ve removed the tag, they`ve just give him a bit longer before he has to report home.

All this is !*!@# anyway, everyone is skirting around the nature of the thread. I never asked if it was right that he should be allowed to spend one night with his dying wife to be.

If you`s had read the thread properly i was on about the fact thar there is a young woman dying because of negligent doctors.

And by the way, he`s not locked up..he`s been released..with a tag!

He was tagged in the first place because he was a low risk to society..they don`t release murderers from prison with a tag. What is he likely to do do you think? Why wouldn`t they let him out for one night? It`s not like they`ve removed the tag, they`ve just give him a bit longer before he has to report home.

All this is !*!@# anyway, everyone is skirting around the nature of the thread. I never asked if it was right that he should be allowed to spend one night with his dying wife to be.

If you`s had read the thread properly i was on about the fact thar there is a young woman dying because of negligent doctors.

Ok to answer the question yes he should be allowed to spend the night with her because of the horrible circumstances

i was replying directly to the prisioner question, sorry if you cot me wrong

Fair comment, but i still stand by it.

you mean we actually went off topic??? :D :D :D

Seriously tho, yes, its a crying shame.

if its something the doctors have overlooked, and was curable when they 'should' have spotted it, then thats even worse.

I really do feel for the girl. I'd hate that type of news on my doorstep.

Ok to answer the question yes he should be allowed to spend the night with her because of the horrible circumstances

And i should be allowed to drive to work coz its icy, and i'd hurt myself walking.

Sorry, still completly disagree. The punishment is there for a reason, and he should suffer. If she chooses to be with someone that allows himself to be tagged, then she has to live with it also. Last i'm saying on the matter, Back to Jade.

i was replying directly to the prisioner question, sorry if you cot me wrong

Fair comment, but i still stand by it.

you mean we actually went off topic??? :D :D :D

Seriously tho, yes, its a crying shame.

if its something the doctors have overlooked, and was curable when they 'should' have spotted it, then thats even worse.

I really do feel for the girl. I'd hate that type of news on my doorstep.

And i should be allowed to drive to work coz its icy, and i'd hurt myself walking.

Sorry, still completly disagree. The punishment is there for a reason, and he should suffer. If she chooses to be with someone that allows himself to be tagged, then she has to live with it also. Last i'm saying on the matter, Back to Jade.

Maybe he should suffer..and i reckon he will be suffering. But whatever he`s done, this isn`t about him, it`s about Jade. She hasn`t done anything to be punished for..so by letting him have a few extra hours with her, that`s not letting him off anything! It`s about her not him!

And when she does cross over to the other side, he will suffer some more. Maybe then you`ll be happy.

I fail to understand some folk..a really do.

Maybe he should suffer..and i reckon he will be suffering. But whatever he`s done, this isn`t about him, it`s about Jade. She hasn`t done anything to be punished for..so by letting him have a few extra hours with her, that`s not letting him off anything! It`s about her not him!

And when she does cross over to the other side, he will suffer some more. Maybe then you`ll be happy.

I fail to understand some folk..a really do.

Some people are so far up there own backsides to realise that there is a world outside there own little world Cympil and some fail to have any sympathy for others, i have dealt with a lot of people like this, not nice

Jade is a very strong woman, i was just saying the other day ... that could be me, my moto is there is always someone worse off than yourself

My thoughts are with those little boys who are going to be without a mummy soon

Is there any evidence of medical negligence?

Is there any evidence of medical negligence?

She was tested for Ovarian cancer in 2004 and Bowel cancer in 2006, these tests would have been MRI scans, CT scans, blood tests etc..both times the she was given the all clear. By August 08 she had collapsed 4 times with the same symptoms (symptoms of Cervical cancer) and was told that basically there was nothing wrong with her.

"I first went to the hospital four years ago because I was bleeding and feeling sick. But I was told it was my periods and a bit of stress.

"You put your faith and trust in doctors and when they tell you you're ok you accept that.

"What really hurts it that my cancer is one that, if caught early, can be cured.

"And it wasn't just one doctor that missed this, it was several doctors on several different occasions.

"They told me I was having problems going to the toilet because of the slimming pills and the amount of laxatives I used to take.

"All the time it was the tumour pressing down on my bowel.

"My doctors at my new hospital, the Marsden, have no idea how this tumour was missed because a huge number of scans were taken at my first hospital.

Im no lawyer, but i would say there was negligence.

The BB house asked her permission to broadcast the incident. She chose to say yes. She chose to go back in the house and tell everyone live on Tv, she could have just made a quiet exit...not like anyone was watching it.

It's horrible for her but it pees me off how much publicity these things get it's like 'brave Kylie' just cos they are celebs people think they must be so much braver than the average cancer sufferer. Sorry but I reckon my Grandad is the bravest sufferer I've ever heard of. He's had a tube sticking out of his neck for 12 years!

Ps I missed most of the horrible jokes/news stories as I was in France. Thank heavens for small mercies.

The BB house asked her permission to broadcast the incident. She chose to say yes. She chose to go back in the house and tell everyone live on Tv, she could have just made a quiet exit...not like anyone was watching it.

It's horrible for her but it pees me off how much publicity these things get it's like 'brave Kylie' just cos they are celebs people think they must be so much braver than the average cancer sufferer. Sorry but I reckon my Grandad is the bravest sufferer I've ever heard of. He's had a tube sticking out of his neck for 12 years!

Ps I missed most of the horrible jokes/news stories as I was in France. Thank heavens for small mercies.

No-one is saying they`re braver than anyone else. Cancer is cancer, it affects everyone the same. The only difference is, when celebs get it, they make people more aware of it.

One thing that has happened since Jade Goody has made it so public, is that there are thousands more women recognising the symptoms and going for smear tests. This has to be a good thing.

No-one is saying they`re braver than anyone else. Cancer is cancer, it affects everyone the same. The only difference is, when celebs get it, they make people more aware of it.

One thing that has happened since Jade Goody has made it so public, is that there are thousands more women recognising the symptoms and going for smear tests. This has to be a good thing.

.........................which begs the question - did Jade ever have a smear test done in the 4 years she had symptoms? Women aged 25 - 49yrs should be having a smear test every 3 yrs. Women are sent out a reminder each time it is due but it is up to the individual to attend their GP/clinic for the test.

Medical negligence??? We can debate until the cows come home but without her medical notes I don't think it is worth considering.

..............although MacMillan Grants are helpful when faced with financial hardship, they are a mere drop in the ocean in comparison to what Jade is earning just now.

.........................which begs the question - did Jade ever have a smear test done in the 4 years she had symptoms? Women aged 25 - 49yrs should be having a smear test every 3 yrs. Women are sent out a reminder each time it is due but it is up to the individual to attend their GP/clinic for the test.

Medical negligence??? We can debate until the cows come home but without her medical notes I don't think it is worth considering.

..............although MacMillan Grants are helpful when faced with financial hardship, they are a mere drop in the ocean in comparison to what Jade is earning just now.

I haven`t a clue if she had smears done. The fact she was in hospital so many times and all the scans and tests should have showed the cancer.

I suppose even if there is grounds for medical negligence, there`s always a way around it anyway. Doctors tend to cover each others backs and lie through their teeth if they have to.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now