Xbox 360 Lying Flat Or Standing Up?

Cympil

When you see all the adverts on telly for the Xbox 360, the consoles are always standing on their sides. Well when i first got the console i did the same, thinking that`s the way they`re meant to stand. But all it did was ruin my game with a thick circular groove scraped into my game :angry:

Since then, i`ve always laid the console flat, on a raised surface and had no problems.

So, has anyone experienced trouble with standing the console up on it`s side? And if so, why do all the adverts still have the console standing on its side?

When you see all the adverts on telly for the Xbox 360, the consoles are always standing on their sides. Well when i first got the console i did the same, thinking that`s the way they`re meant to stand. But all it did was ruin my game with a thick circular groove scraped into my game :angry:

Since then, i`ve always laid the console flat, on a raised surface and had no problems.

So, has anyone experienced trouble with standing the console up on it`s side? And if so, why do all the adverts still have the console standing on its side?

you can claim to microsoft for damaged games!

you can claim to microsoft for damaged games!

Aye, well i sent the xbox back but i never claimed for the game, i probably should have done at the time but it`s too late now.

Thing is though, they still have the adverts with the xbox stood up on it`s side..with happy kids playing on it with no problem in sight...they can`t be playing for long coz the game will scratch if the console is up on end <_<

Aye, well i sent the xbox back but i never claimed for the game, i probably should have done at the time but it`s too late now.

Thing is though, they still have the adverts with the xbox stood up on it`s side..with happy kids playing on it with no problem in sight...they can`t be playing for long coz the game will scratch if the console is up on end <_<

it does work on its side. its when the console is tiped or not fully vertical when scratching occurs. its a design flaw with the dvd player i.e theres parts missing so they could achieve the curved look! :huh:xbox-360.jpg

it does work on its side. its when the console is tiped or not fully vertical when scratching occurs. its a design flaw with the dvd player i.e theres parts missing so they could achieve the curved look! :huh:xbox-360.jpg

I beg to differ here like..it doesn`t work on it`s side. The scratched discs aside, when you open the tray to change the game, the bliddy game just drops out and hits the floor before you`ve got chance to catch it :lol:

So if your game hasn`t already been chewed up by the console, it will be nackered either way :lol:

I beg to differ here like..it doesn`t work on it`s side. The scratched discs aside, when you open the tray to change the game, the bliddy game just drops out and hits the floor before you`ve got chance to catch it :lol:

So if your game hasn`t already been chewed up by the console, it will be nackered either way :lol:

Thats true :lol:

mines always works both ways :D

The PS2 works well on its side, why wont this?

Get a complaint in Cympil!

ps2 has all the parts to keep the disc secure even when in use an xbox 360 does not, this is because the engineers who designed had to compromise the disc drive design to make it fit in to the case. and the first one all ways over heated (rrod) causing the lead free solider to crack. new versions have been slightly modded with a bigger heat sink and flow control. :D

ps2 has all the parts to keep the disc secure even when in use an xbox 360 does not, this is because the engineers who designed had to compromise the disc drive design to make it fit in to the case. and the first one all ways over heated (rrod) causing the lead free solider to crack. new versions have been slightly modded with a bigger heat sink and flow control. :D

My sons Xbox 360 was upright then he got the dreaded three red lights on it. This is supposed to mean an internal problem that you have to get fixed by Microsoft by sending your xbox away. All I did was hoover all the vents and stuff on it and it worked fine again. It did ruin the game disc though!

I heard that if you lie it flat it should be on an empty cardboard box( similar to the box it came in) and that reduces the risk of it having problems. Don't know how true this is though!

My sons Xbox 360 was upright then he got the dreaded three red lights on it. This is supposed to mean an internal problem that you have to get fixed by Microsoft by sending your xbox away. All I did was hoover all the vents and stuff on it and it worked fine again. It did ruin the game disc though!

I heard that if you lie it flat it should be on an empty cardboard box( similar to the box it came in) and that reduces the risk of it having problems. Don't know how true this is though!

unless your a total scruff and live in 2 foot of dust it would make little difference! another myth as you'll always get a build up of dust unless you live in a clean room. as you mentioned a quick hoover will shift most of it anyway. :D

• 6 months later...
  • 11 years later...
4 hours ago, Mark Black said:

Oh, I want to get Xbox on my birthday so much. Or is it better to get PlayStation?

@Mark Black Doubt if you will get a reply from this 2009 topic. The members that have commented in the past haven't visited the site lately - latest was @BedlingtonLass in 2017 :(

Last visited.jpg

17 hours ago, Bill Shiphr said:

It is really cool when you can earn money on your hobby. When your hobby is video games, it is much more cooler. But as for me, I prefer to earn money another way, because these games are not for me, I think. Check the article about how to pass up the extra bet. It is interesting.

Not that my aging reflexes (mine are more involuntary reflexes these days) would ever make the grade I'm just curious as to what you do to earn money with your hobby :- 

Untitled.png

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now