What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?

• 2 weeks later...

I drive a car, it has four wheels and gets me from a to b, but 'The car in front is a toyota ' bloody good job as well so it can't smash up the back of me when it's brakes fail while the accelerator is stuck on full :D :D

toyotas are probably the best cars in the world for reliablity and build quality, there not the only cars to get recalls such as the renault clio where the bonette would open while driving along at 50mph or the vauhall corsa with its faulty suspension arms that could snap at high speeds. plus the head of toyota came on tv and said sorry unlike other manufacturers who hide away and pretend its not happening!

plus the al qaeda and other guerilla factions swear buy toyota

toyota_taliban.jpg

:lol:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Heres a pic of a 1930 model T wagon that my freind Bobby restored from the ground up, it took him 2 years but its taken 1st prize at a lot of shows

post-1296-1273859125401_thumb.jpg

post-1296-12738591419683_thumb.jpg

post-1296-12738591610654_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Heres a pic of a 1930 model T wagon that my freind Bobby restored from the ground up, it took him 2 years but its taken 1st prize at a lot of shows

A very nice looking A eh! My brother and I restoring a model A 29' Murray (also a 20' model T Touring) we also run a 26' TT grain truck.

• 3 weeks later...

Its White. :D

The facelift was in 2008 so that orange monstrosity would be one of the early facelifts.. This year the changes were the ST1 was dropped and the ST3 got lots of convenience features like auto wipers, auto headlights, keyless entry, rear parking sensors, heated seats...

This is the pre-facelift...

ford_focus_st_01.JPG

• 4 years later...

Heh heh!

Vic,I can picture the little black one wi thi Union flag on thi roof,ootside Yor Lass's Hoose in Hollymoont![in the early sixties!]

Can ye mind seeing my little yellow Ford Anglia 105e, 997cc,wi the reverse angle rear screen?...in 1968 a got that,first car,passed test wi it,in1969.

[it was a 1961 model]

Next came a 1963 red M.G.Magnette 1622cc,twin S.U.carbs,sporty,walnut dash,full lux leather seats,..........AND!.....A RADIO!![TOP NOTCH ONE AS WELL!...."RadioMobile"..as used in the royalty cars......!]

87 mph road tested, but read 90 on the dash,flat oot 4-up!

Then came the car I dreamt of owning when it was parked behind my little Anglia,years before,....a 1968 "F" reg. Vauxhall Ventora 3.3ltrs, straight six,

140 bhp.

Massive for the day,used ti put front passengers into thi rear seats...almost,on acceleration,but only road tested at 105 mph.

It was the executive model of the fleet.

I had three of those over thirteen years,and nobody could tell me nowt aboot them,I had every fault that was possible to have,over them years!

The most luxurious car I had was a 1984 Vauxhall Senator 2.5 injection petrol,straight six ,148bhp.,automatic....sheer bliss!

When an idiot wrote that one off,I had to have a motor for work,and got a 1300 Austin Metro...automatic!!...flat as hell!

...Then two Astra estates,[1600],a Rover 75 Connosiuerr [2-0 ltr?],for four weeks,my Wife couldn't travel in it,it was causing a lot of pain to her back,

seats too soft,put it back in,lost a lot over the four weeks...!...

Got the car i drive noo,[for nearly seven years..],a Vauxhall Signum 2.2 ltr 4 cylinder petrol..estate?/big hatch...!!

0-60 in 8 seconds,140 mph flat oot...[havent tried it oot like!!.

At 110 mph,it's as quiet as it is at 30 mph![at aboot 3500 revs...it goes to 6500  safe revs ]

Oh,I forgot,I also had a Volvo 244 saloon,2.1 ltr 4-cyl.....gorgeous car,but flat as hell.....and other owners used ti say they take a long time to wind up......

what they meant was....they were flat as hell!!...[mind,thinking back,I had been used to 3.3ltrs 6-cyl. for years,and it was a shock to be driving this car,with

a 16-foot caravan on thi back!]

Heh heh!

Vic,I can picture the little black one wi thi Union flag on thi roof,ootside Yor Lass's Hoose in Hollymoont![in the early sixties!]

Can ye mind seeing my little yellow Ford Anglia 105e, 997cc,wi the reverse angle rear screen?...in 1968 a got that,first car,passed test wi it,in1969.

[it was a 1961 model]

Next came a 1963 red M.G.Magnette 1622cc,twin S.U.carbs,sporty,walnut dash,full lux leather seats,..........AND!.....A RADIO!![TOP NOTCH ONE AS WELL!...."RadioMobile"..as used in the royalty cars......!]

87 mph road tested, but read 90 on the dash,flat oot 4-up!

Then came the car I dreamt of owning when it was parked behind my little Anglia,years before,....a 1968 "F" reg. Vauxhall Ventora 3.3ltrs, straight six,

140 bhp.

Massive for the day,used ti put front passengers into thi rear seats...almost,on acceleration,but only road tested at 105 mph.

It was the executive model of the fleet.

I had three of those over thirteen years,and nobody could tell me nowt aboot them,I had every fault that was possible to have,over them years!

The most luxurious car I had was a 1984 Vauxhall Senator 2.5 injection petrol,straight six ,148bhp.,automatic....sheer bliss!

When an idiot wrote that one off,I had to have a motor for work,and got a 1300 Austin Metro...automatic!!...flat as hell!

...Then two Astra estates,[1600],a Rover 75 Connosiuerr [2-0 ltr?],for four weeks,my Wife couldn't travel in it,it was causing a lot of pain to her back,

seats too soft,put it back in,lost a lot over the four weeks...!...

Got the car i drive noo,[for nearly seven years..],a Vauxhall Signum 2.2 ltr 4 cylinder petrol..estate?/big hatch...!!

0-60 in 8 seconds,140 mph flat oot...[havent tried it oot like!!.

At 110 mph,it's as quiet as it is at 30 mph![at aboot 3500 revs...it goes to 6500  safe revs ]

Oh,I forgot,I also had a Volvo 244 saloon,2.1 ltr 4-cyl.....gorgeous car,but flat as hell.....and other owners used ti say they take a long time to wind up......

what they meant was....they were flat as hell!!...[mind,thinking back,I had been used to 3.3ltrs 6-cyl. for years,and it was a shock to be driving this car,with

a 16-foot caravan on thi back!]

HPW that car with the Union Jack on the roof was brother Charles's (R.I.P.) 1931 Morris Minor! my first car was a BMW (Isetta, yes a bubble car, I went on my honeymoon in it ) Pleased to have AWD right now, 2ft fresh snow –37c two nights ago. Never thought I'd like heated seats!
Yes I remember the "Yellow peril"!
Speaking of radios I remember my dad and I going to get tape players, I got the Pye Auto-reverse cassette player, dad bought the 8 track!
Still prefer my model T's

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now