A Bite Of Nostalgia

Pete

Two photo's of an early sixties local Bedlington pop group.

What was the name of the popular combo? Me mam once told me about some reet cool band from Bedlington in the 60's... can't remember the name though, but maybe they had some twins in??

What was the name of the popular combo? Me mam once told me about some reet cool band from Bedlington in the 60's... can't remember the name though, but maybe they had some twins in??

If my memory serves me right they were called The Statesman and later became The Olympics, there were quite a few local groups at that time but I do not remember any with twins in it.

• Like 1

If my memoty serves me right they were called The Statesman and later became The Olympics, there were quite a few local groups at that time but I do not remember any with twins in it.

A quick phonecall tells me the band I was thinking of were called the Links, later Middle Earth... the twins in question were allegedly called Gordon...

Stuart and Keith Gordon, undertakers sons from the the top of Front Street. Stuart was Head Boy at the Grammar School (1969) and later played in the Corgies, and String Driven Thing. I've been told he composes music for film & TV. Keith I think has an engineering business. I've looked at these photos and it's not clear to me that Stuart is one of them - he played guitar and electric violin. I last saw Stu (his nickname at School was Smella Gordon) in Kensington High Street, London in 1970/71.

If the band is the Links, later renamed Middle Earth, they used to practice in the warehouse/garage at the rear of the undertakers yard (behind the house). They played all over in the 60's (lots of CIU Clubs) and were very popular.

• Like 1

Stuart and Keith Gordon, undertakers sons from the the top of Front Street. Stuart was Head Boy at the Grammar School (1969) and later played in the Corgies, and String Driven Thing. I've been told he composes music for film & TV. Keith I think has an engineering business. I've looked at these photos and it's not clear to me that Stuart is one of them - he played guitar and electric violin. I last saw Stu (his nickname at School was Smella Gordon) in Kensington High Street, London in 1970/71.

If the band is the Links, later renamed Middle Earth, they used to practice in the warehouse/garage at the rear of the undertakers yard (behind the house). They played all over in the 60's (lots of CIU Clubs) and were very popular.

Not sure if I have misunderstood what you are saying about these photos Symtoms but the group in the photos is not Middle earth or Links and there is no one named keith or stuart in the photos as I know all of the members of the group in the photos and attende a reuion with them last Friday.

Not sure if I have misunderstood what you are saying about these photos Symtoms but the group in the photos is not Middle earth or Links and there is no one named keith or stuart in the photos as I know all of the members of the group in the photos and attende a reuion with them last Friday.

think symptoms been hitting the famous grouse! :lol:

Monsta - Famous Grouse ... no, the memory of 1960's pulled pints of Ex ... yep.

Pete, my reference to the Gordon twins was background to The Links/Middle Earth question posed after mrsvic's "quick phonecall" and subsequent posting.

So Pete are you going to name names?

Correction re: Corgies, it should be Korgies.

Monsta - Famous Grouse ... no, the memory of 1960's pulled pints of Ex ... yep.

Pete, my reference to the Gordon twins was background to The Links/Middle Earth question posed after mrsvic's "quick phonecall" and subsequent posting.

So Pete are you going to name names?

Correction re: Corgies, it should be Korgies.

No names Symtoms but I do have a photo taken last Friday (20/2/2009) at a reunion I attended at the Station Club of how they look now.

post-14-1235760773_thumb.jpg

No names Symtoms but I do have a photo taken last Friday (20/2/2009) at a reunion I attended at the Station Club of how they look now.

So are you one of these rockers Pete?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now