Only Ten Years Too Late: A Mobile Charger Standard!

threegee

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7894763.stm

The biggest step forward since sliced bread! Will save heaps of clutter, and mean charging can be provided in public places and transport. Will be used on lots of things besides phones. 5.7v would be nice. For older stuff a single simple adaptor might be worth carring around.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7894763.stm

The biggest step forward since sliced bread! Will save heaps of clutter, and mean charging can be provided in public places and transport. Will be used on lots of things besides phones. 5.7v would be nice. For older stuff a single simple adaptor might be worth carring around.

would you really want to charge your phone in a public place? what happens if it damages your equipment? who would be responsible?

besides that its an ok idea (pushing it a bit far by saying best thing since sliced bread!) the companies still have to provide you with a recharger!

would you really want to charge your phone in a public place? what happens if it damages your equipment? who would be responsible?

besides that its an ok idea (pushing it a bit far by saying best thing since sliced bread!) the companies still have to provide you with a recharger!

I think this idea is great, and should be rolled out to laptops too, with the increasing wi-fi hotspots popping up everywhere.

as for damaging the equipment, i'd expect you would be responsible, so long as every effort has been made by the hosting party to check they are in good working order before each day begins. i'm sure a simple device could be supplied for just this, perhaps even a version for you to carry round with you to check yourself first... if you so wish.

I'm sure i read somewhere someone had this idea already, supplying a locker which, when £1 was inserted, activated the charging point (which consisted of all popular-branded charging leads)which you could then lock for an hour, coming back to a fully charged phone. i'm sure it was situated in the middle of a cafe, so you could still connect to your phone via bluetooth, should you recieve a call.

The general idea behind this universal charger wouldnt be to supply a charger with every device, but to supply an option.

if you already have the same charger (i know i have several sony-ericsson ones in a drawer now) you can opt out, saving on production costs as i'm sure this would be a seperate item, like bluetooth headsets are at the moment.

I'm all for this idea! Bring it on!

I think this idea is great, and should be rolled out to laptops too, with the increasing wi-fi hotspots popping up everywhere.

as for damaging the equipment, i'd expect you would be responsible, so long as every effort has been made by the hosting party to check they are in good working order before each day begins. i'm sure a simple device could be supplied for just this, perhaps even a version for you to carry round with you to check yourself first... if you so wish.

I'm sure i read somewhere someone had this idea already, supplying a locker which, when £1 was inserted, activated the charging point (which consisted of all popular-branded charging leads)which you could then lock for an hour, coming back to a fully charged phone. i'm sure it was situated in the middle of a cafe, so you could still connect to your phone via bluetooth, should you recieve a call.

The general idea behind this universal charger wouldnt be to supply a charger with every device, but to supply an option.

if you already have the same charger (i know i have several sony-ericsson ones in a drawer now) you can opt out, saving on production costs as i'm sure this would be a seperate item, like bluetooth headsets are at the moment.

I'm all for this idea! Bring it on!

I think this is a fantastic idea as in our house we all have different phones and always losing a charger, one standard charger would solve the problem.

It would be great if they had a standard charger for digital camera batteries to.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now