Howling?

Ms Hair

Walking past the bank top late last night there was loads of howling coming from the fields and the woods, it was totally spooky. Does anyone know if we have wolves in these parts?

Think they are trying to reintroduce wolves to Scotland, but haven't heard of any introduction down the Station. I have been informed of of the presence of a rowdy cockerel on Melrose Terrace though...

Think they are trying to reintroduce wolves to Scotland, but haven't heard of any introduction down the Station. I have been informed of of the presence of a rowdy cockerel on Melrose Terrace though...

Tempting very tempting,but I am in a good mood cos the toons winning :lol: :lol:

Walking past the bank top late last night there was loads of howling coming from the fields and the woods, it was totally spooky. Does anyone know if we have wolves in these parts?

that was prob thick tut scrattin bin bags for left over crap down the car park :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Whats the latest on the werewolves doon the woods

Well, I havent heard any howling lately, the local Coyote pack is laying low, and I don't really remembver any foxes yapping around the Bank Top, although that was some 65 years ago that I left there!

However, closer in time and place, I have been listening to a Calgary radio station reporting on the latest doings of "Doug."

Who is Doug, you might ask?

Doug is a ten year old adult male cougar. He roams a public park in Banff.

A week or so ago, Doug killed a large Elk in the park, and has been feeding off the carcass ever since. Elk are probably some 1000 lbs or so. So Doug has a long term project under way to eat all of it, while protecting his cache of groceries from any other predators.

Although the local wildlife people are very familiar with, and fond of Doug, and have studied him for years, they also know what he is capable of, if disturbed.

Therefore, they have closed the entire park to any human access, until Doug is full, and moves on to another spot to continue to hunt in.

It is incidents like this. that remind me that I no longer live on the Bank Top!

Regards, Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nor cant be mad franky is dead and ashley became saner! probably that be one of the local strays like that ginger one that hings about the terrier :lol::lol:

Mad Frankie is dead? I was 15 when those stories started - even made the front page of the local free paper, IIRC.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now