'know Doing Food'

Denzel

Guest missvic

Probably some kind of spelling error that will go un-noticed by the yoof who frequent…

But ‘doing food’… does that mean serving poor-quality bait to the general public, or is it a new trick conjured up by those ladies who like to dance round the poles involving leek-show cast-offs?

That's the announcement proudly displayed on a blackboard outside Bedlington's premier youthclub, The Red Lion. Can anyone decipher this mystical code?!

Its an anagram - "Dingo know food" or "Known god food .. i?" ....so obviously this signals the end of the world or something. ...Better call Davey Icke and get the beers in!

Its an anagram - "Dingo know food" or "Known god food .. i?" ....so obviously this signals the end of the world or something. ...Better call Davey Icke and get the beers in!

"God nod now.. if ok" thats a good en .. maybe it means something

Guest missvic

20:30

the sign in question was seen being carried inside for the evening

may i point out to those who wish to 'do food' that it is only available at 'till 5'

Hi all!!

Would just like to say, the red lion has never been the same since I left at beginning of last year, yes Denzil that was when I had lovely customers like you lot in and I do miss you all very much.might catch ya in The Sun Inn one day as i regularly visit the rowdy lot in there.The Red Lion will never take off, its horrible and very unhygienic.The chef aint even qualified, apparently ive heard hes got a skin problem so god knows what you are gonna get in your food. Everyone should come to THE MARKET TAVERN! when we start serving food, we have the head chef from the three horse shoes coming across and of course i'll be serving the meals, what more could you ask for.

Whilst I have this opportunity I would like to tell evryone about the BEBSIDE INN, my friend has just took over and she now has karaoke every friday, live rock bands every saturday and coming soon is a quiz on a sunday. im doing the odd shift over there just heping out at the moment.would be nice to hear that a few of u lot have popped over seen as about 10 of us slaved day and night to clean, re-decorate and generally tidy the place up. Hope to see some of you over there one night.

well enough of my chatter its time for bed, thanks for taking the time to hear me ramble on yet again,

Emma x

:D:P:huh:;)B):rolleyes::)

Hi all!!

Would just like to say, the red lion has never been the same since I left at beginning of last year, yes Denzil that was when I had lovely customers like you lot in and I do miss you all very much.might catch ya in The Sun Inn one day as i regularly visit the rowdy lot in there.The Red Lion will never take off, its horrible and very unhygienic.The chef aint even qualified, apparently ive heard hes got a skin problem so god knows what you are gonna get in your food. Everyone should come to THE MARKET TAVERN! when we start serving food, we have the head chef from the three horse shoes coming across and of course i'll be serving the meals, what more could you ask for.

Whilst I have this opportunity I would like to tell evryone about the BEBSIDE INN, my friend has just took over and she now has karaoke every friday, live rock bands every saturday and coming soon is a quiz on a sunday. im doing the odd shift over there just heping out at the moment.would be nice to hear that a few of u lot have popped over seen as about 10 of us slaved day and night to clean, re-decorate and generally tidy the place up. Hope to see some of you over there one night.

well enough of my chatter its time for bed, thanks for taking the time to hear me ramble on yet again,

Emma x

Sort the Lion out, bring back the Mackem B)

Hi all!!

Emma x

You looked damn foxy walking down the street the other day!

Not that I'm a fan of the 'lion rouge,' but are you allowed to !*!@# local businesses off/advertise on here? I don't mean to sound bitchy its a genuine question. I know competition is healthy and should be encouraged (a bit more would motivate some of our failing businesses around here,) but picking on someone beacuse they have a skin complaint, howay!

Not that I'm a fan of the 'lion rouge,' but are you allowed to !*!@# local businesses off/advertise on here? I don't mean to sound bitchy its a genuine question. I know competition is healthy and should be encouraged (a bit more would motivate some of our failing businesses around here,) but picking on someone beacuse they have a skin complaint, howay!

here here

Ooh get you!

They have pushed back the serving curfew too. The sign now reads "now Doing Food" "Till 6pm".

Possibly the second part should read " 'til 6pm " but it has always been my policy to give a brother a break, so I think we can let it slide for now.

Has anyone tried the food yet?

I actually used to work there before the current owner took over, and when he first took over i used to drink in there everyday. I am not picking on him because he has a skin complaint im simply saying would you want someone with skin flaking off to be cooking your food?I dont mean it to sound horrible but it is unhygienic.

Cheers Denzil ;) I never spotted you. I saw heinky(i dunno if thats how ya spell it) on the bus the other day, I was on my way to a horse show at gosforth, he was going out on ur usual sunday afternoon session, saw Tom Doyle as well, whenever I see him he's always drunk walking up the street with a pizza on a saturday night.

I actually used to work there before the current owner took over, and when he first took over i used to drink in there everyday. I am not picking on him because he has a skin complaint im simply saying would you want someone with skin flaking off to be cooking your food?I dont mean it to sound horrible but it is unhygienic.

Cheers Denzil ;) I never spotted you. I saw heinky(i dunno if thats how ya spell it) on the bus the other day, I was on my way to a horse show at gosforth, he was going out on ur usual sunday afternoon session, saw Tom Doyle as well, whenever I see him he's always drunk walking up the street with a pizza on a saturday night.

All part of the service.

The Red Lion has never been the same since we all left has it Denzil? Instead now u have the lovely Sandra from Black Bull to try your chat up lines on <_<:P .

I think that the owner still needs to pull his fonger out and change the image/decor of the pub and then maybe the food will take off in there but he just aint arsed about it and keeps on sending hillbilly's in whi know nowt about the place. BRING BACK LIZ!!!!!!

The Red Lion has never been the same since we all left has it Denzil? Instead now u have the lovely Sandra from Black Bull to try your chat up lines on <_<:P .

I think that the owner still needs to pull his fonger out and change the image/decor of the pub and then maybe the food will take off in there but he just aint arsed about it and keeps on sending hillbilly's in whi know nowt about the place. BRING BACK LIZ!!!!!!

Say what fool! Christ on a bike that miserable hag......please, bring back

Butt Heed & maybe throw in Gerry (Mike Hunt) for good measure....

The pub needs some large chested bints with slack panties B)

Saying that Denzel was humping one of those girls (not sure on the slack

under garments)

Or rather burn the place down, see thread for Bedlington Terriers

<_<

Madam please.

Madam please.

Never been the same since i stopped working there as a youth back in good ol 99, serving denzil pints of stella and lauging at his oh so amusing anecdotes on a lazy sunday afternoon.

memories................