Smoking Ban

Smoking Ban Agreement  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You really are anti American Denzel, it shows....lol, but that's cool :D

Not at all, I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday in the US, and would heartily recommend it to anyone. If it's good enough for Bruce Springsteen, it's good enough for me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US & Canada instituted similar legislation some time ago, check some of the effects here. (Sorry Denzel, it's American :unsure: )

I checked that link out Swalnalla its a prety grim picture when businesses are taking that kind of knock through the smoking ban.

In Ireland the smoking ban is suposed to be working or so they tell us, but I was talking to a fellow that had just come over from Dublin, he descibed it much the same there as your link shows. More and more people are buying a six pack and staying at home.

American spellings? No thank you.

Don't assume too much on the "American corruption" of the tongue. For the most part the American spelling is the unchanged, original, and correct one, and our current spelling is a Victorian aberration.

... e.g. the heavier use of the 'Z' is Old English. As are words like the Old English "fall" instead of the Victorian "autumn".

What has made English the powerful World language it is, is that (unlike say French) it has no hangups about steady change, and no problem with borrowing more meaningful expression from other languages. The way to kill a language is to attempt to standardi(s/z)e it - something the French look well set to find out, the hard way!

Clebrate and embrace; it's all phrasing from the same songbook! :)

I checked that link out Swalnalla its a prety grim picture when businesses are taking that kind of knock through the smoking ban.

In Ireland the smoking ban is suposed to be working or so they tell us, but I was talking to a fellow that had just come over from Dublin, he descibed it much the same there as your link shows. More and more people are buying a six pack and staying at home.

What next, will they stop pubs selling peanuts in case someone has an allergic reaction?