Smoking Ban

Smoking Ban Agreement  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand people that don't smoke wanting a smoking ban as smoking is harnfull but as a smoker myself I get XXXXX off (dont want to use swear words) by people who tell me that I should not smoke.

I listened to a program on the local radio tonight (not radio Newcastle) and the commentator said that all smokers agree that it would help them to stop smoking if there was a total ban on smoking, well I totaly dissagree with his comments, I smoke because I want to smoke.

Many times I have noticed cars parked with their engins running pumping toxic smoke into the air while their owners have just niped into the shop, (I am not reffering to Bedlington) but never hear anyone complain about that, bus stations with bus engines running, thick diesel fumes in the air nobody complains about that. I have never heard the Goverment complain about the amount of tax they take from the smokers.

All people have rights, smokers and none smokers.

Ah like it colonel

Pete, you really shouldn't smoke, you know.

Never mind the bines give me a good roll up an lets have a good coufgh or is it cough, these tabs make me brain deed.

Pete, you really shouldn't smoke, you know.

It is inconvenient for the smoker, but worse for any non smoking staff!

We had a case here last year in which a nonsmoking staff member who had worked in a large Calgary Bar/Restaurant for almost 40 years died of lung cancer. Her family claim was rejected on the grounds of natural causes. She was 58 years old.

Her family countersued, won, and now all Calgary bars and restaurants will be non smoking with a few special exceptions. The evidence which led to the win was a special analysis conducted by the local health department on the health of restaurant and bar staff. This showed a striking imbalance among non smokers in the industry who contracted various cancers, against the rest of the population.

I have never smoked, and I can't presume to know how smokers feel about it. But I would not want my family to expose their children to the risks entailed. And they don't. But how do you avoid the threat of second hand smoke without banning it in general, or providing special venues for those who feel that they must. Lets not talk too loosely about personal freedoms, without considering the rights of children and non smokers too!

Joe

• 1 month later...
So the jocks have their ban in order ... now if they could stop injecting drugs and stabbing each other thier life expectancy could go up

Cholesterol-loving ginger madmen the lot of them.

Speaking as somebody who's grandad has had a plastic tube sticking out of his neck for the last 9 years I think the sooner smoking becomes less socially acceptable the better. It will be nice not to wake up stinking of someone else's stale smoke after a night out.

Speaking as somebody who's grandad has had a plastic tube sticking out of his neck for the last 9 years I think the sooner smoking becomes less socially acceptable the better. It will be nice not to wake up stinking of someone else's stale smoke after a night out.

My mother died of cancer and I am diagnosed with something similar, both of us smokers but not the cause. Oncologists tell me it's probably environmental, CK has a point, how much pollution do you create?

My mother died of cancer and I am diagnosed with something similar, both of us smokers but not the cause. Oncologists tell me it's probably environmental, CK has a point, how much pollution do you create?

Hope you are keeping OK :mellow:

Giving up the tabs will help I'm sure........ B)

Word on da street is the railway is gonna build a delightful sheltered gazebo style tab hut with patio heaters and a sort of bar to sit at.

The US & Canada instituted similar legislation some time ago, check some of the effects here. (Sorry Denzel, it's American :unsure: )

The US & Canada instituted similar legislation some time ago, check some of the effects here. (Sorry Denzel, it's American :unsure: )

I don't have any axe to grind with our cousins over the pond, what I object to is lazy cutting and pasting from US websites. American spellings? No thank you.

I don't have any axe to grind with our cousins over the pond, what I object to is lazy cutting and pasting from US websites. American spellings? No thank you.

You really are anti American Denzel, it shows....lol, but that's cool :D